Phone Calls Not Connecting

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been having this problem for about a month now. When I initiate a phone call via voice or touch, the screen shows "dialing" but there is no ringing on my end. When I hang up and try again, it works, but the person on the other end says they also got the first call and asks why I hung up.

I have a Nexus 6p with a Hyundai Sonata limited 2015. Has anyone else had this issue?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The ringback (the ringing you hear when you make a call) is generated by your local central office - you're not hearing the other person's phone ring. Bring the phone into your carrier and let them troubleshoot their frame. (Your phone is only letting you hear what the carrier is sending it - which is not the ringback the first time you dial.)

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
The ringback (the ringing you hear when you make a call) is generated by your local central office - you're not hearing the other person's phone ring. Bring the phone into your carrier and let them troubleshoot their frame. (Your phone is only letting you hear what the carrier is sending it - which is not the ringback the first time you dial.)
Not saying you're wrong, because I know nothing about this, but if it is the carrier, why does it only happen when making calls within android auto and only on the first phone call?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Do this: Disconnect from Android Auto. Make a phone call.

Do you get a pop-up asking whether you want to place the call via the dialer or, say, Skype?

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I didn't want to start a new thread but I'm having an issue where my nexus 6p connects but then drops all phone audio after 30 seconds. People on the other end can still hear me but I can't hear them. Music works fine with no issues.
I've tried clearing the Google connection app as well as deleting and repairing the avh 4100.
Anyone else seeing something similar or have suggestions?

anon(187199)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was having this problem and I was also having the problem of no voice feedback on commands. The only solution I could find to both issues is a full clean install of an AOSP based rom with latest gapps. Those of you running stock roms obviously don't have this option. I think these issues occur when google updates one piece of their ecosystem (play services, google app, AA app, etc) and it breaks functionality for AA. We're all running different versions of these back-end services on a million different roms and sometimes it just doesn't work. Too many updates and too much variability.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463