"Phone not responding" message after setup

pams622

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a 2017 Elantra yesterday and after attempting to set up Android Auto four times, the farthest I've gotten is to be able to play one song and enter one address into navigation. Then I get a message on the MMS screen of the car that says the phone is not responding, and to unplug and retry. I've uninstalled/reinstalled 4 times, and it looks like it's setting up properly then....no. I have a Samsung Note 4 with Verizon, OS version 5.1.1. I am using the USB cable that came with the phone. I have attempted the troubleshooting steps and admittedly haven't tried a different USB cable, but can't believe that's what it is. Is there a setting I need to change? Thanks in advance!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a 2017 Elantra yesterday and after attempting to set up Android Auto four times, the farthest I've gotten is to be able to play one song and enter one address into navigation. Then I get a message on the MMS screen of the car that says the phone is not responding, and to unplug and retry. I've uninstalled/reinstalled 4 times, and it looks like it's setting up properly then....no. I have a Samsung Note 4 with Verizon, OS version 5.1.1. I am using the USB cable that came with the phone. I have attempted the troubleshooting steps and admittedly haven't tried a different USB cable, but can't believe that's what it is. Is there a setting I need to change? Thanks in advance!

hard to say at this point what the problem is. I would try another cable, does it allow you to use Bluetooth. if so at least try it to rule out the cable being the issue, if BT works it's either the cable or the port in the car or your phones data port. Could also be the cars software. Their maybe a firmware upgrade for the car you may want to ask the manufacture?

Try this link
Hyundai | Software Update | HERE

pams622

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Well, you know what they say, the simplest answer is usually the correct one....so I tried another, older USB cable that was from a previous Samsung phone, and presto. Works like a charm now. :) Thanks for the response!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae