I bought new car compatible for android auto app...But is not ready for using in belgium ??When will it be available???
    06-09-2016 10:30 AM
    Ok we really have no way of knowing this. From the Google Android Auto page here ....

*Android Auto is coming soon to this model
    **Android Auto is available for newly purchased vehicles, and may be offered as a standard feature or optional feature. Availability is subject to change and may vary based on geography and trim level. Software updates to include Android Auto may be available for some models listed; please check with your dealer for details.
    ***The Android Auto app is currently available in the following countries:
    Argentina Australia Austria Bolivia Brazil Canada Chile Colombia Costa Rica Dominican Republic Ecuador France Germany Guatemala India Ireland Italy Mexico New Zealand Panama Paraguay Peru Puerto Rico Russia Spain Switzerland United Kingdom United States Uruguay Venezuela
    I'm sure they are working on including more Countries, BUT until they announce them, we have no way to know the time frame.
    Ok we really have no way of knowing this. From the Google Android Auto page here ....

*Android Auto is coming soon to this model
    **Android Auto is available for newly purchased vehicles, and may be offered as a standard feature or optional feature. Availability is subject to change and may vary based on geography and trim level. Software updates to include Android Auto may be available for some models listed; please check with your dealer for details.
    ***The Android Auto app is currently available in the following countries:
    Argentina Australia Austria Bolivia Brazil Canada Chile Colombia Costa Rica Dominican Republic Ecuador France Germany Guatemala India Ireland Italy Mexico New Zealand Panama Paraguay Peru Puerto Rico Russia Spain Switzerland United Kingdom United States Uruguay Venezuela
    I'm sure they are working on including more Countries, BUT until they announce them, we have no way to know the time frame.
    06-09-2016 04:33 PM
    Difficult to say indeed but you can always download the Android Auto APK from the internet and use it. I live in Belgium and that works like a charm. It's not because AA is not officially available that you cannot use it. Of course, you will have to speak English to use voice controls but everything works normally.
    pkcable and arovyn like this.
    06-13-2016 03:09 AM
    Difficult to say indeed but you can always download the Android Auto APK from the internet and use it. I live in Belgium and that works like a charm. It's not because AA is not officially available that you cannot use it. Of course, you will have to speak English to use voice controls but everything works normally.
    You can probably get it to work in one of the other supported languages too like French or German, which if you are bilingual that way might be more to your liking. (Of course since you are posting on an English speaking forum you probably speak English too! lol)
    06-13-2016 09:03 AM
    Hello ljo13,

I tried to do that on a Nexus 5X, using the Android Auto apk, but when i want to connect it to the car, the phone wants to make an update of the Android Auto apps, and tells me that it cant be used in my country...

Did you make something else than downloading the apk and installing it?
    08-09-2016 10:42 AM
    I had the same issue Yesterday, how can I avoid this?

Thanks!
    08-30-2016 05:02 AM
    I honestly have no idea how you can avoid this. I did not have the same problem, nor has Android Auto asked me to update the app.

For me it was pretty straight forward. I downloaded the latest Android Auto apk-file, connected my phone to my car and it automatically installed Google Play music etc. I never received the message you guys are talking about.

Have you tried performing the updates with the GPS disabled? Or maybe it is because the language of your phone is dutch or french? My phone's language is set to English. It might be worth trying changing the language or disabling the gps before the update and then set the language back to your preference and enable the gps.
    08-30-2016 08:42 AM
    Any "thrusted" link to download APK ?
    02-09-2017 03:24 AM
    Apkmirror.com
    02-09-2017 05:26 PM