Android N Preview 4 breaks Maps on AA

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to Preview 4 last night which seems to have broken Android Auto. Streaming works but Maps doesn't. Selecting navigation goes to the notification screen not to Maps. AA was working fine with Preview 3. My car is a 2017 Chevy Volt, phone is Nexus 6P.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, same here for me in my wife's Sonata on a 6P.

Will rolling back to an old version of Maps help?

Posted via the Android Central App

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, same here for me in my wife's Sonata on a 6P.

Will rolling back to an old version of Maps help?

I think the problem is that the system needs a newer version of Maps than what is available. Roll back to Marshmallow to get it working again.

RockingCPA

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. I view this now as a safety issue, since I will have to hold my phone to use maps. Does anyone know if it's possible to roll back to Preview 3, rather than going completely back to Marshmallow? I like a all the new features of N and don't want to leave.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find the Preview 3 image, unless you squirreled one away I think the only option is to go back to Marshmallow for a couple of weeks. I went back and it's not to bad.

RockingCPA

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Did you lose anything, when you went back to Marshmallow. It seems like the most difficult thing is backing up and restoring all of your old text messages. I've done that a couple times, when switching phones, and it can take a little while to get back to normal. Actually, I'm now using Hangouts as my text messaging program, so it might not be that bad to go back to M.

Last edited:

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't do much texting but I'm pretty sure that Hangouts restores messages. I'm using Inbox for e-mail and GMail and Inbox restore all of the setups. I've given up using third party e-mail clients because they don't get restored. I'm also forwarding all of my e-mail through Gmail because non-Google mail pop servers don't get restored automatically. The apps that get automatically restored are those that were saved when you were last on Marshmallow, not your current set on N so you may have to explicitly restore some of your most recent apps if they were added after you installed N. Also if you use Nova Launcher you should do a backup to the cloud before you revert back to M, I backed up to both Drive and Dropbox.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Have tested tested it yet but it looks like the update to fix this is pushing out to Google maps.

EDIT: It works again. Huzzah.

Last edited:

RockingCPA

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yup. Maps version 9.31 seems to work with AA. I tested the maps function very briefly, late last night. I'm glad I waited and didn't roll back to M. I just learned a lesson, though. On the next N update, I'm waiting until I know Google hasn't broken another important app. Thanks to all that offered help. :) Thanks to Christian Simpson over on Google + for sharing a link to the update, which allowed me to fix the issue, even though it wasn't yet available on the Play Store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac