Suggestions for new head unit?

DavidMullinsDVM

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys. Just joined the forum. Looking forward to learning from you.

I hope this isn't too nebulous a question. I have been researching on my own, but suffer from "paralysis of analysis" with too many options out there. From Alpine to Pyle, so many to choose from! Hoping if I list my "wants" maybe y'all can make some suggestions.

I have a 2013 Ford F-150 XLT truck. I am wanting to replace the stock head unit (obviously). Here are the features that I am interested (probably in order of importance)

1) Integration with Android phone (duh). I currently have a Samsung S6 Edge. Bluetooth, obviously. And text message alerts/reading automatically or at least with a huge pop up button.

2) Audio streaming from phone (Pandora, podcasts, iHeart, etc.)

3) GPS navigation built in would be nice. I prefer something with Google Maps. Live traffic updates not crucial, but handy! Can stream from phone, but would prefer attached GPS antenna

4) Back up camera -- rear inputs OK (I can always buy an affordable camera) but I must be able to add to this. Automatically come on when in reverse. It would be cool to have the option to turn screen on even in forward motion (check on the hitch).

5) ...and this probably goes without saying. Double Din size with touch screen. (Can't imagine one with the above features not double din, but didn't want to leave out anything obvious)

Anyway, I thought some of you might have a unit like this in your vehicle that you love. Very interested in your opinions. Thanks!

Victor Howard

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Been nothing but happy with my Pioneer 8100. Supports Android and Apple. Comes with a GPS receiver, does rear camera, back seat monitors, and you can buy Pioneer's traffic subscription, but honestly, just use Google Maps. It sources on its own with no cost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463