I am trying to connect my Samsung 7 Edge to my 2016 GMC Sierra with Android auto nothing comes up my wife's phone works fine she has an apple phone I connect a Bluetooth fine charge phone. thank u..
    08-01-2016 10:09 AM
    Moved to the Android Auto forum for better traffic.
    08-01-2016 01:30 PM
    Your vehicle had to either have been built after a certain date to have Android Auto - or you had it reflashed at the dealership to get Android Auto capability. CarPlay/iPhone support was there at the beginning of the model year build (disclaimer, I work for GM).

Assuming you have a compatible radio, make sure you:
    -Download the Android Auto app to the phone. The iPhone has CarPlay built into the OS, so no special downloads if the OS is up to date.

-When you plug your phone in, look in the notifications regarding what type of USB connection is occurring (swipe down from the top). Make sure MTP (media transfer protocol) is selected. If you have a wonky setup that requires this to be set, it usually only needs to be done once.

-Samsung phones on Marshmallow / 6 had a know issue. Make sure your phone has the latest updates..
    Open Settings on your phone
    Select "System updates:
    Select "Check for new system update"
    Install available update

-Lastly, try another USB cable.
    08-03-2016 04:59 PM
    To check if your car has AA support you need to look at the car's settings menu (or whatever it's called). If you see Car Play but not Android Auto then you need a firmware update. When I got my Chevy Volt in May the Android Auto entry wasn't there so I had the dealer upgrade the firmware before I took delivery of the car.
    08-04-2016 05:23 PM