Custom Sort for audio apps

rhraziel

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to do a custom sort of your media apps? It will only show me 3 on the Android Auto screen then I have to down arrow to see the others.

By default it does this alphabetically but it would be nice to have my most used 3 at the top.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to do a custom sort of your media apps? It will only show me 3 on the Android Auto screen then I have to down arrow to see the others.

By default it does this alphabetically but it would be nice to have my most used 3 at the top.
I don't think you can. Since I don't have Android Auto I can't verify, however, from what I've been seeing via the various how-to or setup pages is that it's not an option. Hopefully someone with more information can confirm.

Andrew DeFaria

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I haven't found an option either. Personally I think they should make like 9 radio like buttons with the icons of the audio apps. Sometimes some of AA's screens can be laid out better.

Like why not replace that "Exit back to Mylink" with a Play/Pause button for whatever audio app you last used. It really irks me that I get in my car and connect up AA - of course I want whatever audio I was playing to start playing but nooooo. I often see the Now like card come up with "Directions to so and so" and hit that. Now maps covers the screen and I have to go back to the audio section to hit play then back to maps. It would be so much better if it would simply start playing on connect or at least have a play/pause button available at all times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance