I haven't had a chance to try this yet but I've read that the 10 taps limit on lists such as on music apps is now gone while driving.

Can anyone confirm this? And provide a few photos? I found that so annoying.
    11-07-2016 05:35 PM
    Well the new AA 2.x just got released and I only used it to go to work today so I haven't played with it yet. However it's my understanding that AA will not allow you to scroll that much while moving, however it was supposed to allow you to scroll to your hearts content when not moving. But I think the first rendition of this checked to see you were also in Park or had the Emergency Brake on whereas this version should just look at say the GPS and report back "The car's not moving". So in theory it should allow you to scroll all you want at a red light but not if the car is actually moving.
    11-07-2016 07:21 PM
    Although there're some concerns about the Legit of some websites who

announced these AA-App: It will be welcome for all the drivers..

The Android-Link: https://www.android.com/intl/en_ca/auto/..

Will make sense to merging similar threads..All in 1
    11-07-2016 09:12 PM
    Alas, the "scroll as much as you want" is still a myth. Stopped at a red light, not moving and it still doesn't let you scroll very far...
    11-07-2016 11:30 PM
    If your phone is rooted, you can install the Xposed framework with the "Sensible Android Auto" module. This module removes the scrolling limit and enables you to browse an unlimited amount of lists. (for example spotify playlists). More information here

Obviously the best solution would be for Google to remove these childish limitations but for now, this Xposed module works like a charm for me.
    11-08-2016 03:32 AM
    Not rooting my phone. I want to still use Samsung Pay. I don't need to scroll that badly!
    11-08-2016 08:36 AM
    The whole point of my question was for anyone with the new version of android auto to go and look on their car and no one did that...

Anyway I checked myself today and there are changes. You still can't scroll more than 5 touches BUT you can now skip down lists in alphabetical order so you are more likely to be able to select what you want while moving.
    11-08-2016 11:17 AM
    As I said yesterday, I installed the new version and I tested it and it doesn't work. I don't know why you said that nobody did that. I did that!
    11-08-2016 12:31 PM
    You missed the point. I wanted to be able to access music on the go. I wanted to know what happened and changed with AA 2. Sure the number of taps hasn't changed but vitally what you can do with those taps has. And that was worth saying after you tried it. Everything else was just a waste of space from everyone else. I hate waffling replies.

Here are some photos.

Extended scrolling in AA update?-20zxk55.jpg
    Extended scrolling in AA update?-34dsh91.jpg
    11-08-2016 01:38 PM
    You missed the point. I wanted to be able to access music on the go. I wanted to know what happened and changed with AA 2. Sure the number of taps hasn't changed but vitally what you can do with those taps has. And that was worth saying after you tried it. Everything else was just a waste of space from everyone else. I hate waffling replies.
    I'm not sure what you are saying here. What point did I miss? You say you wanted to know what changed in AA 2.x. That the number of taps hasn't changed but the "vitality"[sic] what you can do with those taps has. Really? What changed? I have no idea nor was I looking for anything else.

Sorry but I don't use Spotify so if that changed then how would I know it?

Basically, I've seen for a few updates to AA, the claim that extended scroll would work if you're stopped. So I tested that and the test failed, and I reported it. Sorry I didn't continue to test apps I don't use...

YMMV
    11-08-2016 01:57 PM
    Alas, the "scroll as much as you want" is still a myth. Stopped at a red light, not moving and it still doesn't let you scroll very far...
    It works, but your car has to be in park, not just stopped moving with speedometer at 0.
    11-16-2016 07:44 AM
    Well that's just plain stupid!
    11-17-2016 10:00 AM
    This update broke extended scrolling for me. It used to work when I was in park. Since the update my NEX 4100/Galaxy S7 no longer knows I'm in park.
    11-18-2016 10:42 AM
    Well that's just plain stupid!
    Not really, it's frustrating, but in Google's eyes, what's preventing someone with their foot on the brake to let go while "distractedly scrolling" and hit the car or a pedestrian in front of them. Making the driver put it in park eliminates this possibility.
    11-20-2016 07:40 AM
    Well then *THAT* is stupid. The default factory system does not limit you. Hell Tesla even allows you to watch youtube videos on a 17" display! You can scan the old fashioned radio stations, etc. Are you sure that Google believes this or is this what you think is the reason (cause it sure seems only like your opinion)
    11-20-2016 10:00 AM
    Well then *THAT* is stupid. The default factory system does not limit you. Hell Tesla even allows you to watch youtube videos on a 17" display! You can scan the old fashioned radio stations, etc. Are you sure that Google believes this or is this what you think is the reason (cause it sure seems only like your opinion)
    I've been in cars that don't let you mess with any settings while the car is not in park. Passenger wants to connect phone to Bluetooth? Nope, car's moving. This just seems to follow that logic. Google has not officially said anything for the reason other than "safety", but I can see that being their reasoning.

It's annoying, but at least they gave us something unlike before they implemented this. They may get rid of the parking limitation too, it just may take a while.
    11-20-2016 11:39 AM
    Just because other cars also do dumb **** does not mean you need follow their precedent! As I pointed out, other cars, like Tesla, don't limit you in this way. Google's "safety" is like MS's error code 1603 when installing an .msi package - It's a catchall error message. Ya know if you really were concerned with "safety" then AA would disengage your throttle and shut the car down. Obviously driving is dangerous! But that's ludicrous, just like this excuse.

This limitation reminds me of the stupid limitation of needing to turn off your cell phone while flying. Pssst. I *NEVER* did. Many other didn't either. The plane *NEVER* crashed. In fact there hasn't been a single airplane crash attributed to (or even suspected of) the fact that somebody had a cell phone on. Now cell phones are allowed. What does that tell you? It tells me that human do some dumb stuff for dumb reasons but will swear at you that the reasons make sense and "you never know" and "err on the side of caution". BULL!

BTW, in my car, 2016 Corvette, you surely can "connect phone to Bluetooth" as I suspect you can in most vehicles - while moving! If you couldn't then what would be the point of the Bluetooth connection?!? Connected to Bluetooth? Great. Start accelerating and wham it disconnects?!? No I think you meant that you cannot *pair* a new Bluetooth device to the car while it's in motion. And when you think about it, this is really not that big a deal as how many times do you pair your phone? That's right - once. Compare that to how many times you wish to scroll a list. Really this is apples and oranges here.
    11-20-2016 01:00 PM
    Just because other cars also do dumb **** does not mean you need follow their precedent! As I pointed out, other cars, like Tesla, don't limit you in this way. Google's "safety" is like MS's error code 1603 when installing an .msi package - It's a catchall error message. Ya know if you really were concerned with "safety" then AA would disengage your throttle and shut the car down. Obviously driving is dangerous! But that's ludicrous, just like this excuse.

This limitation reminds me of the stupid limitation of needing to turn off your cell phone while flying. Pssst. I *NEVER* did. Many other didn't either. The plane *NEVER* crashed. In fact there hasn't been a single airplane crash attributed to (or even suspected of) the fact that somebody had a cell phone on. Now cell phones are allowed. What does that tell you? It tells me that human do some dumb stuff for dumb reasons but will swear at you that the reasons make sense and "you never know" and "err on the side of caution". BULL!

BTW, in my car, 2016 Corvette, you surely can "connect phone to Bluetooth" as I suspect you can in most vehicles - while moving! If you couldn't then what would be the point of the Bluetooth connection?!? Connected to Bluetooth? Great. Start accelerating and wham it disconnects?!? No I think you meant that you cannot *pair* a new Bluetooth device to the car while it's in motion. And when you think about it, this is really not that big a deal as how many times do you pair your phone? That's right - once. Compare that to how many times you wish to scroll a list. Really this is apples and oranges here.
    Listen, I don't work for Google, I'm a user just like you. This is what we have as far as android auto goes, be grateful it exists. All cars are different and car manufacturers do different things in the name of safety. The car I was referring to was a Toyota, and yes I meant pair, don't get so upset over it. Maybe you think their rules are stupid, but they don't. I also think some of the things are stupid, but we can't change how anything is right now, so just deal with it. If you're really that annoyed by it, switch to Apple. But please stop name calling and insulting me.
    11-21-2016 07:27 AM
    Man you need to get over yourself! Especially if you think I was name calling or insulting you personally. I didn't. Anybody who wasn't so irrationally sensitive would have realized mostly when I said "you" I didn't mean you specifically but the general you or you as in they employed individual at the auto manufacturer, etc. In fact the only time that "you" meant you Ireknole is when I said that you probably meant pairing and 1) that's not insultive in the least and 2) it was damn spot on wasn't it?

I really don't care if you work for Google or not. And no I will not sit idly by and just "be grateful it exists". The way to make things better is not to sit on your *** and just say "Oh well".

The mere fact that different car manufactures do different things in the name of safety shows that there is no agreement and there is no agreement because they are not basing things off of evidence rather what they feel might be right. When this happens in anything I point it out 'cause it's bogus and should be pointing it out.

I'm not upset about it - being upset is vastly different world and a vastly different level. Trust me, when I'm upset, especially if I were upset with you particularly - YOU'D KNOW IT. But I sure in hell will complain about stupidity wherever I see it - that's how I roll.

There is no "maybe" in "maybe you think their rules are stupid" It's just their rules *are* stupid as they don't make logical and consistent sense with reality.

And yes we can change things and we do so through the process that I employ, not the lay down and just deal with it methodology you seem to be advocating.

Finally I ain't switching to Apple and for gawd sake - grow a backbone, grow up and learn when somebody is speaking to you or not. It'll make you a lot less fake insulted.
    11-21-2016 09:18 AM