Can you use Android Auto to navigate to a person on your contact list

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am getting my new car with Android Auto tomorrow and in preparation for it I downloaded the Android Auto app onto my Note 4 (had to return the Note 7 for obvious reasons). I was messing around with the stand alone app trying to get it to recognize a person from my contact list to let me navigate to their house, however it just kept saying "no results for **name**" eventhough I could look on the map where all the contacts actually show up by contact list name. How stupid is this? Is there some sort of setting that needs to be changed so that this works properly? Why isn't there an option to search the Contacts to let me manually scroll through the list or search for a contact by typing in the name like you can do when you just use Google maps? Am I supposed to go to the map screen and look for that contact to be able to navigate to them? Will I have to memorize the address that I want to go to before plugging the phone into the car and then search for the address by voice? Of all the things Android Auto offers, being able to ask it to navigate to a person on my contact list is one of the most important things, but apparently now AA is going make it even more tedious to navigate to a contact than it was before when I searched the list and told Google Maps to navigate there.

I hope this really is a feature of AA and that I am just doing something wrong. Either way though, since you're supposed to be parked when entering a destination, what's the harm of adding a search contacts function with an onscreen keyboard for those unusual names that might not be recognized easily using speech?

Thanks for any input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech