Android Auto Display Location

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
When running Android auto, the app runs on my phone instead of the car head unit. I tried to look under settings but couldn't find an option to change this. How would I make Android auto run on the car unit instead of the phone screen?

ljo13

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
That's not really an easy question to solve. We will need a lot more information to assist you. Which car are you using, does your headunit acutally support Android Auto, which phone are you using, etc, etc.

Can you be a little more specific? How are you making the connection with your car? Is bluetooth turned on? What happens when you connect your phone to your car... ?

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
That's not really an easy question to solve. We will need a lot more information to assist you. Which car are you using, does your headunit acutally support Android Auto, which phone are you using, etc, etc.

Can you be a little more specific? How are you making the connection with your car? Is bluetooth turned on? What happens when you connect your phone to your car... ?

I am using an ATT S7 Edge and connecting it through cable to my 2016 Honda Accord EX that supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Bluetooth is turned on. When connecting to the phone through the cable, the Android auto interface appears in the phone screen instead of through the car screen. I can't seem to find the settings to switch it

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I am using an ATT S7 Edge and connecting it through cable to my 2016 Honda Accord EX that supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Bluetooth is turned on. When connecting to the phone through the cable, the Android auto interface appears in the phone screen instead of through the car screen. I can't seem to find the settings to switch it

This post might have some helpful suggestions for you. Good Luck!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-auto/651774-verizon-galaxy-s7-not-working-android-auto.html

:)