I downloaded Android Auto and it didn't do anything except download my phone contacts to the car screen. I can't access the app button on the car screen (it's greyed out) and I can't do anything except make calls, no maps, no music.

I find that there isn't any help with this because everything I read says "Just download the app, plug your phone into the USB and everything else is automatic". Yeah, not so much!

So how do I do this? Is it the setting of my USB? Sometimes I have to change this from "Charge Only" to "File Transfer" or something. I have tried this while the USB is connected in the car but it just keeps reverting back to "Charge Only".

Someone help as I really want to use this feature in my new car.
    03-16-2017 12:48 PM
    As far as I understand it, there's no "you can use the car audio system as a remote screen for your phone" car audio system yet. I'm still waiting for one too.
    03-16-2017 02:41 PM
    Read your car's manual. Usually it involves an manual activation the first time you connect your phone. After that, it will be automatic connect as soon as you plug in to the USB. Also, look up the manual, there could be one particular USB port on the car that supports Android Auto. Both are the case on my Mercedes GLA 250.
    03-17-2017 06:32 PM
    I also have a 2017 Impreza. I have a Galaxy S7 w/ Android 7.0.
    Android Auto WAS working for me perfectly, until this morning. I now get a MTP USB permission prompt when I plug in the phone (this is a new thing) and AA will not launch. I don't think the Subaru software updated as I have wifi turned off in the car, so not sure what changed on the phone. I'm going to try forgetting my car in the android auto settings and trying again on the way home form work - i'll update if it works.

But, that could just be me. When it was working, it was really just a matter of plugging the phone in.
    I honestly don't think I even paired my phone and car bluetooth when I first tried, but I do have bluetooth on.
    Make sure you have a good USB cord - try the one the came with the phone
    Plug in to the USB under the arm rest (pretty sure they are the only USB ports you will find). I have used both of those ports. Maybe make sure you don't have something plugged into the other USB port - my wife has an iPhone and it seems to steal control when she plugs in - launching CarPlay.
    03-22-2017 07:41 AM
    To update my last post - clicking forget my car in AA and reconnecting fixed my issue.
    03-22-2017 07:05 PM