Phone not compatible with vehicle screen

hutchies

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
i just got my new Telstra 4GX HD (ZTE Blade A475) phone running Android 5.1. I bought this phone specifically to use in my new car which using Androide Auto for navigation etc. Apparantly Android Auto only needs 5.0 or higher to work. When I plug my phone into car the phone states it is not compatible with vehicles screen (Mitsubishi Pajero 2016 model) and won't connect via Android Auto which is loaded OK on phone. Any ideas of why it won't work would be welcome. Thanks

hutchies

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
Just tried again and the message that appears is:

Incompatible phone This phone can't connect to your car screen, but it can still run Android Auto.

Given the phone is running Android 5.1, any ideas on what may be making it incompatible?

andrew.harris

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
My first thought is the head unit or the car need an update to the software they are running, assuming you have the latest running on your phone.

hutchies

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I think the car unit is OK, as it is a brand new car and Android Auto works fine with other family member mobiles. I think it is the phone but can't work out what actual facility it lacks to make it think it is incompatible. I was hoping someone else may have this same problem and found a solution? My local carrier just wants to explain it by saying, the phone is a low level phone so what do you expect - not happy with that as a knowlegable answer.

Compvet

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
Have exactly the same problem with a brand new Captiva and ZTE Blade A475 ( Telstra 4GX HD), definitely will not connect to screen for Android Auto, phone calls etc okay?? Have been in touch with Holden and Cars Guide help phones they have tried are all expensive.. Works fine with an old Samsung I have, (battery does not last). ZTE need to offer some upgrade as I don't need a $1000 + phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49