Voicemail - password not auto dialing

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy s5, Verizon, marshmallow, Honda Accord

For some reason when I hit the voicemail button (speed 1) on the car screen, hit the voicemail on screen menu or use voice command, android auto dials my voicemail but does not auto key in my password xxxx,#. I don't see it pop up in the contact info on dash. I just get the provider prompt to "please enter password."

It works fine on the phone. I think for some reason it's referencing a vm setup on the phone with no password.

I have it set in the phone vm setup. Not sure if this is an android setting or a Touchwiz...maybe thats the issue. phone dialer.when i do android voice, call voicemail, on the S5 phone handset, it works fine

Any ideas?

tekware

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Having the exact same problem on my S8+. My voicemail number includes a comma and my password, which it dials automatically to give me my voicemail. In Android Auto however, dialing my voicemail seems to either obtain the voicemail number from some place other than the Voicemail Settings - Voicemail Number, or it chooses to simply omit the password. For a program designed for safety and minimum user input, this is beyond frustrating, as I simply do not wish to enter my voicemail password manually ever single time I'm in Android Auto. It's easier for me to actually exit Android Auto, and dial 1 to get my voicemail, which is just idiotic.

As an aside, I've always been annoyed at the way Android handles the voicemail password, since in order to auto dial it, it is entered on the same field as the voicemail number. This means that one's voicemail password gets displayed on the phone for passengers to see. On my four year old BlackBerry Z30, BB10 included a separate field for the voicemail password. This meant that the system knew not to display the password when it was dialing it, since it's a password.