I want it to play when I push play. Not auto start when I plug in my phone. Any way to turn off that feature?

Thanks!
    andrew.harris likes this.
    05-10-2017 01:19 PM
    Its my understanding that Pandora remembers the last state it was in. So if you pause playback before switching off that's the state it will start. That seems to be how it behaves with me anyway. Not the best but something.
    chomorro likes this.
    05-14-2017 03:56 PM
    Its my understanding that Pandora remembers the last state it was in. So if you pause playback before switching off that's the state it will start. That seems to be how it behaves with me anyway. Not the best but something.
    That would make sense as to why it doesn't do it all the time. Thank you very much!
    andrew.harris likes this.
    05-14-2017 04:01 PM
    Just saw this too. Last option at the bottom (Pandora->Settings>Advanced).
    05-14-2017 06:52 PM
    This started happening to me too after an OS update. Tried the advanced settings in Pandora for turning of bluetooth auto launch, tried the prevent USB auto routing in developer options. Then realized it was an issue with android auto (at least on my phone). I did not have to be connected to the car. Whenever I opened android auto, even standalone, Pandora would start up.

So, I went to settings > apps > android auto > storage and cleared cache and data. Then, I opened android auto holding the phone in my hand (not connected to anything) and went to settings > Autolaunch and deselected all of the bluetooth devices and made sure autolaunch was deselected.

Went out to the car, plugged it in, let it go through the initial setup, and all has been good since. Hope this helps someone. May not work for all, but is worth a try.
    03-20-2018 01:43 PM
    This started happening to me too after an OS update. Tried the advanced settings in Pandora for turning of bluetooth auto launch, tried the prevent USB auto routing in developer options. Then realized it was an issue with android auto (at least on my phone). I did not have to be connected to the car. Whenever I opened android auto, even standalone, Pandora would start up.

So, I went to settings > apps > android auto > storage and cleared cache and data. Then, I opened android auto holding the phone in my hand (not connected to anything) and went to settings > Autolaunch and deselected all of the bluetooth devices and made sure autolaunch was deselected.

Went out to the car, plugged it in, let it go through the initial setup, and all has been good since. Hope this helps someone. May not work for all, but is worth a try.
    Did this but did not work. I am VERY sick of this and am ready to pull the new stereo out and throw it in the garbage. Anyone have a real remedy?
    10-21-2018 07:48 PM
    Any update on this issue? I started seeing the problem recently. I've tried the remedies suggested here to no avail. I've also uninstalled Android Auto from my phone. So, the problem appears to be either Pandora or Android.
    01-03-2019 04:49 PM
    Any update on this issue? I started seeing the problem recently. I've tried the remedies suggested here to no avail. I've also uninstalled Android Auto from my phone. So, the problem appears to be either Pandora or Android.
    Within the Play Store app (info), I cleared the data and cache, then restarted my phone and it works perfectly now.
    06-06-2019 06:40 PM