Android auto txt feature work with MMS?

handinpalm

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
Mine seems to only work with SMS right now. Can anyone confirm?

Android Auto only will read SMS, it will not pass any MMS messages. I find this to be unacceptable. Android Auto s/b updated to strip out text only from a MMS message and read it to the driver. I think most people do no even realize that they are missing half of their messages. This makes AA unusable and I am back to using just my phone in all my AA equipped cars. When is Google going to wake up and support MMS text only?? We are well into the 21st century now.

handinpalm

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
No response from Android??? I use the Google ecosystem, including Pixel2 phone w/ Projectfi. I use Projectfi SMS email (msg.fi.google.com) to push alarm notifications from my home security system to my phone. Projectfi SMS email, only supports MMS messages. Android Auto does not support MMS messages, so I do not receive high priority messages. When will Android Auto support just text of MMS, or Projectfi support SMS, so I can use Android Auto. Googles ecosystem does NOT play well within itself! Evidently this is a stumper for the Google engineers. VERY sad! So much for AA, another POS.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Android Auto only will read SMS, it will not pass any MMS messages. I find this to be unacceptable. Android Auto s/b updated to strip out text only from a MMS message and read it to the driver. I think most people do no even realize that they are missing half of their messages. This makes AA unusable and I am back to using just my phone in all my AA equipped cars. When is Google going to wake up and support MMS text only?? We are well into the 21st century now.

Probably a safety feature.

Texts in MMS can be long. Or it could be a group message.

It makes perfect safety sense to read out short messages only.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar