FYI: Waze Now in AA

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My Waze app was updated today (July 26 around 13:30). According to the update info it can now be used in AA...haven't tried it yet. :)

dkyork

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't see waze option on my android auto. Running both latest versions. Only google maps is an option. Will i not see it on the phone and have to be in a car?

dkyork

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Connected to my car and still no waze option. Have a galaxy s8 with the latest versions from play store. Guess ill stick with google maps.

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
After your phone is connected and you are in the map module do you see a little drop-down arrow on the bottom left? If you see the arrow, tap it and you will have a choice of using Maps or Waze.

leolu1

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Trying it .. isn't really stable yet. Had a "crash loop" once, issues with sound (both using Spotify in parallel), issues with network connection ..

It'll get better I believe, but not quite there yet.

Jeffx2

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Tried it on a trip this weekend. Needs some work. Alerts notifications disappear before you reach them, sometimes the notification icons don't appear on the map, map disappears when blind-spot camera is used, etc. I think it will be fine with a bit of polish, but right now it's not there.

Also, really missing the sharing of ETA's and display of multiple people heading to the same location.

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I have been using it for a few days now and it seems stable on my S8+ and Ford Sync 3 system. The only issue I have seen so far is that the voice prompt volume fluctuates. The notification will start out very quiet and get louder, but not obnoxiously loud.

chomorro

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I have been using it for a week. I actually love it once I took off the extras on the screen.

Only problem I have with it, is it never works on first plug in. Just a freeze view while everything else in AA works. Have to unplug and plug the phone back in once or twice for it to work.

Note 4 with pioneer 4200nex

jjccrv

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
Works sporatically in my 2016 Honda Civic. If the blind spot camera or back up camera come on sometimes the screen disappears. I like it when it works, but if you're depending on it to get you somewhere, better put the location in google maps as well, so you can switch over if it gets funky.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995