Android auto no ringtone

alejandro paredes1

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
Whenever I connect my phone (stock Galaxy s8) to my car with Android auto (Ford sync 3) my ringtone gets disabled. Went to settings to check if the volume was low but the icon itself for the ringtone slider was greyed out.

I can't find anywhere an answer and it's driving me crazy.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Because it is taken over by car's BT telephony function. So, your car will ring with whatever ringtone it is designed to be but your phone won't ring.

alejandro paredes1

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
When I connect via Bluetooth the ringtone works as intended. (I can use custom ringtone or the car's own ringtone) when I connect via Android auto and I get a call audio stops playing it remains totally silent until I answer or hang up. Notification sounds play fine through speakers

In the screenshot you can see the ringtone is disabled. That only happens when connected to Android auto.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171103-180026.jpg
    Screenshot_20171103-180026.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 18

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
From what I can tell, a lot of phones, e.g. Pixel, or Galaxy S phones, will be automatically put on Do Not Disturb mode. That's probably why it behaves this way.

Just tested on phone, ZTE Axon 7. Running AA app will put phone on DND mode. Everything is muted. So, it looks like is up to AA head unit to properly implement call in ringtone in this case. My Mercedes HU does implement it correctly.