I have been able to use Android Auto just fine in my car since October, but on Tuesday I can no longer reply to any messages. I can compose a new message or a reply and then it will ask me if I want to send the message. After I say yes it just sits there with the blinking Google Assistant logo and nothing happens. I have had it take awhile before so I let it sit like that to see if it would eventually send and after 10 minutes I was still stuck at that logo. I am not sure what changed this week but it is becoming very frustrating to be able to hear the messages but not respond. I tried to use Google Assistant on just my phone to see if that was the problem but it sends messages just fine when I am not connected through Android Auto. Is this a Google server issue that will be solved soon, or am I just out of luck?
    02-01-2018 07:55 AM
    Texts don't go through Google, they go through your carrier, so if you're talking about text messages, it's not Google.

Can you reply to a message by keyboard if you're in the car? If you can it's Android Auto, if you can't it's your texting app.
    02-01-2018 04:57 PM
    All of the messages work when I am just using my phone, or if I am operating my phone through voice commands. It just doesn't work right now through Android Auto. I can't reply using either android messages or Allo which I have been able to use without a problem for months before this.
    Marie-E Finamore likes this.
    02-01-2018 05:07 PM
    yup~ it's Android Auto. but now, looks like it might be google assistant. started the problem with last update to AA, but this week "there seems to be a problem" trying to send a text with GA even when not in the car when I ask "what's the problem" it says it's "having a problem with (it's) server" Pixel 2XL, Android 9.0. very inconvenient, frustrating, etc.
    09-25-2018 05:51 PM