Custom routes on Android Auto

lukeoncloud

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a head unit with Android Auto. One of the main reasons for looking at these is the navigation app you can use.

What I would like to do is take a custom route with many waypoints designed on Google Maps and for the navigation to follow that instead of taking me the fastest route to my destination (we are going a road trip - not A to B).

I know that on Google Maps for Android, you open up the custom route link and away you go - but I'm not yet convinced Android Auto is capable of doing this...

Can you load up a custom route on your phone and have it work on the head unit? Or is it perhaps just not possible at all?

kw-v830bt

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a head unit with Android Auto. One of the main reasons for looking at these is the navigation app you can use.

What I would like to do is take a custom route with many waypoints designed on Google Maps and for the navigation to follow that instead of taking me the fastest route to my destination (we are going a road trip - not A to B).

I know that on Google Maps for Android, you open up the custom route link and away you go - but I'm not yet convinced Android Auto is capable of doing this...

Can you load up a custom route on your phone and have it work on the head unit? Or is it perhaps just not possible at all?
Yes, you can. I was able to create a route on my phone (prior to connecting to usb). When ready to start, hit the start nav on your phone and then connect your usb. The route will show on your HU.

Waveboard

Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
I know that on Google Maps for Android, you open up the custom route link and away you go

Are you doing a custom route by adding multiple stops/waypoints? I am trying to do the same with a custom route but I only have one stop. (i.e. I want to take a certain route, not just the fastest/best.)