List of Android Auto Wireless compatible phones (Galaxy S8)?

m0rf3us

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, I'm considering picking up a new Android Auto (with wireless) head unit for my car, but after some research, I read in a couple places that when the wireless feature launched in the spring, the only phones it would work with were those on Android P 9.0 or any Google made device (Pixel and Nexus). I also read that Google was working with some manufacturers to allow there Android 8.x devices to be compatible with Android Auto Wireless, but I cannot for the life of me find any list of phones that are compatible with the new Android Auto Wireless feature? I'm currently rocking a Galaxy S8 and am wondering if the S8 is compatible with Android Auto's new wireless feature?

Thanks in advance!

m0rf3us

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
unfortunately I believe only the pixel models have the wireless android auto. hoping more manufacturers adopt it. but it could he a minute.

jcomd

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
I just had the Pioneer NEX4400 installed in my car. I have the LG V30 android phone and it does not connect wirelessly. I have to plug in the usb. I was told that Google had to make the feature available to other Android phones aside from their own for this feature to work. My wife's Iphone works wirelessly though. Hope this helps.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
you mean you see the android auto icon pop up on the radios screen without plugging the phone in? or Android auto starts on your phone when it detects your radios bluetooth?

rajnarasimhan

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I do have the same combination and phone doesn't connect wirelessly. Let me know, if you find any other option.

I just had the Pioneer NEX4400 installed in my car. I have the LG V30 android phone and it does not connect wirelessly. I have to plug in the usb. I was told that Google had to make the feature available to other Android phones aside from their own for this feature to work. My wife's Iphone works wirelessly though. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante