Android Auto and Pie (Pixel 2XL)

anon(9023234)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Ever since my P2XL got upgraded to Pie I have had significant issues with AA.

I keep getting the "Voice commands aren't available right now" error message (although voice commands do work'ish, see below)

Voice commands in general is iffy at best. If I ask to send text or respond to a text it will typically say the usual, "OK, what is your message", but then as soon as I start talking, the same voice response repeats, AND gets recorded as part of the message I wanted to send. For example, I say "I'll be home for dinner", AA records and says back to me "What is the Message? I'll be home for dinner". Even when it does get my message right, it has a really hard time deciphering between "Send It" and "Change It".

Never had these issues before Pie and have them on several different cars. Anyone else with something similar?

NASCARKev

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have Oreo and sometimes get "What is your message?" as part of what it repeats to me, as well as sometimes asking me twice what my message is (after I've already given it), and the second time it's asked in a slightly different voice. I'm guessing an update to AA is what caused it, probably simultaneously with your Pie upgrade, and I'm sure another update will clear up these issues. They're annoying, but not show-stoppers for me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech