Navigating to address from my contacts

Denny_Crane

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Android Auto works really well when I ask it to navigate to a place that it can lookup on the internet (i.e. "take me to Best Buy in Langley); but it doesn't seem to be able to navigate to an address in my contacts list (i.e. "take me to John Smith's house"). The workaround is either to:

1) Unplug phone from deck, lookup address on phone, plug back in and ask AA to navigate to the address

Or

2) If I plan ahead I put the address into my calendar o's that it comes up as a card on AA's home screen.

Tell me there is a solution to this? Of all the things AA does so well, this seems like something really basic that it should have.

Denny_Crane

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Are your contacts in your Google account? I have no problem with mine.

Yes and no. My google account is linked to my Office 365 hosted Exchange service with my own domain for my email (not a Gmail address) . That's my Google login. I actually can't use the google assistant to add entries to my calendar because it will just add it to a calendar that I don't use, also with the name email address though (I have 2 accounts on my device for some reason, both with my personal email/domain).

I wonder if that's the issue here. Funny thing is that my contacts (same office 365 account) work fine; I can ask AA to call any of my contacts and it works fine.

What's the specific voice command for addresses? I was saying "take me to x's house".

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
'Navigate to x's address' or just 'Navigate to X' is what I use. Assistant mostly rely on cloud side magic to figure it out. So, if your contacts are not in a place that Google can access, it might not work.