Android Useless

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Is it just me or is AA more or less useless? I own a 2018 Kia with UVO. Except for Google maps and maybe messages, UVO does a lot more and better. AA cannot control the Radio for example, the volume or any of the car infotainment system. About all it does is maps, music (only what apps are on the phone), phone and messages. Not only that it makes many of the UVO features unavailabe.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't go so far as to say useless, but I will admit that AA doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves by Google's development team.

As it is, it does so little and there is so very much more that it could do if only they would put the effort into it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd say that Android Auto's usefulness depends on how well-designed the car's own infotainment system is designed. So many of these systems are horrible messes, so it can be nice to have the consistency of Android Auto, at least to access some of your most used functions (i.e., maps, calls, and your music apps). I agree that it can be a hassle, though, if you're in Android Auto and want to control other things -- my wife encounters that in her Audi etron. Personally, I really wish Tesla would integrate Android Auto, because I would kill to have access to Google Play Music directly on the screen (but that ain't never gonna happen:'().