Hondalink reboot

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, so I bought a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0 T. I'm up networking geek so I understand how computers and operating systems run of course. I currently have a Galaxy S8 hooked up to my car and Android auto for the most part works seamlessly. Couple of times my Honda link system will remove while in the car driving. When this happens, I usually have to unplug my phone a couple times in order for the connection to reconnect once the hondalink system fully boots backup. Has anyone else with this car experience this? It doesn't happen that often and like I said I have a deep understanding of computer systems, but figured I would ask a question. Overall I love Android auto just like everyone else here does! Thanks for any help.

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've not had that problem with my 2018 Accord. About one month ago there was a Honda recall where the audio system software had to be updated. I wonder if that has anything to do with your situation.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes you're right. About a month or so ago I had a governmental riccolo the backup camera which is when the mechanic flashed the Honda link system with new software. I know this means I have to redo all my settings haha l..I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it happens all the time it reboots every now and then. Also, like I said, I'm a networking geek so I have a deep understanding of computers and resources excetera excetera supposed to question to see if anyone else experienced this at all.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've not had that problem with my 2018 Accord. About one month ago there was a Honda recall where the audio system software had to be updated. I wonder if that has anything to do with your situation.
Also, have you noticed in your Accord for Android auto that when you're using Google Assistant, do you have to speak very loudly in order for it to hear you clearly? I find that at times when I speak softly or quietly, it barely understands me. However, whenever I speak loudly and usually don't see it on my words, it tends to understand me a lot more so.