Sound Distortion - Audi A4 B9 And Android Auto

JazzJPH

Feb 3, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

If anyone reading this has experienced the same please just drop a message on this thread. I haven't found anything online to suggest it is a common fault or issue.

I've had my A4 from new (67 plate) and since then only one phone (my Galaxy S7) has been plugged into it with Android Auto being used almost every day. The problem occurs around 40% of the time without any particular pattern to indicate cause. The problem is this:

Occasionally, sound distorts through Android Auto - maps, Spotify, even the lady that tells me my phone is still in the vehicle when I turn off the engine and open the door. The distortion is as though the output on the phone is cranked up too much for the car soeakers. Or it could also be likened to when you whack the volume up too high. However, the volume can be at any level and the distortion will sound the same, albeit louder or quieter as I adjust volume. If I switch to Bluetooth the same happens - from what I've seen the sound is always through Bluetooth anyway?
When I switch to radio the sound is fine.
So I thought it was the phone. I upgrade to a Mate 20 Pro recently and the same issue occurred. This time my wife took a video. It's on YouTube, take a look - https://youtu.be/wqjQuU9gZpc

Audi have had a look. They say there isn't an issue. I've reported this to them since then, as the video occurred after their inspection. Hopefully we can get them to look at it again.

Jazz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC