USB Splitting

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife just purchased a new Rogue Sport and it is Android Auto capable. The issue is that of the USB ports, only 1 is connected to the audio system and the others are charging only. My wife likes to listen to music from her flash drive (doesn't want to stream or store the music on her phone), so she is unable to use both the flash drive and Android Auto at the same time. Does anyone know of a good car USB hub or something that would work that would allow her to have her flash drive and her phone hooked up to the same port to utilize both at the same time?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Most car headunits don't support USB hubs at all.
Besides, I doubt any car headunits allow you to listen to flash drive music if Android Auto is in use. You will have to listen to muisc from phone

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Most car headunits don't support USB hubs at all.
Besides, I doubt any car headunits allow you to listen to flash drive music if Android Auto is in use. You will have to listen to muisc from phone

Ah, my wife says she has used her flash drive and Android Auto at the same time in her Focus that she just got rid of, but I can't confirm this as I never listened to the music on her flash drive.

Last edited:

numer_0x0111

Sep 10, 2019
Visit site
Not sure if lafountain's wife had the same exact setup, but I just installed a JVC KW-M750BT head unit in my 2014 Ford Focus. The head unit is AA compatible, and it comes with a single USB port. I can confirm that no hubs work with it and the quality of USB cable is very important.
However, I also integrated the factory infotainment computer (SYNC... by Microsoft) into the head unit as well (through the iData Maestro RR control module), and the SYNC system has its own USB port. This allows me to use AA on the head unit, while music located on a flash drive plugged into the SYNC's USB port is being decoded by SYNC and piped through the head unit's media player. So, I am in effect able to have my cake and eat it too... except the digital music is still in this case being decoded by SYNC, which, frankly, is not that good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer