android auto not showing or sounding sms text messages

deltaflyer642

Jun 21, 2019
Visit site
OK folks, here goes...

My brand spanking new S10+ from AT&T was not showing or sounding when I would get a sms text message. It would however show and sound messages from FB Messenger. I peeked around the forums a bit and saw that another user had solved their issue with downloading Google Assistant. So I go into Play Store and yup, I needed to download/install. So I do this. I still have my old faithful LG V30 turned on from T-Mobile so I took it out to the car to test it. I sent the message from the V30 and holy buckets AA actually showed the preview and sounded the notification over the car speakers like it's supposed to. So I have my partner who also just got an S10+ from AT&T at the same time send me a message and it did NOT show a preview or sound the notification. So yo, Google?!?!?!?! What's up with this??????

Thanks for any help!!!!

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Message notifications behaves differently in AA depending if your are driving or car stopped.
Message preview only shows when car is completely stopped.

deltaflyer642

Jun 21, 2019
Visit site
I had the car parked in my driveway. The point is I'm not getting any notification at all, visually or audibly whether the car is moving or not. Very aggravating with a less than week old phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7