Already, so this morning I was doing the message hit the listen button on Android Auto on my head unit unable to read message. I tried to send a similar message through Google Assistant on Android Auto and I can't. Furthermore, tried this with Google Assistant my phone, It says I can't send messages yet. Has anyone experiences yet. I tried to research this on internet and there are few workers but none of them work for me. He's a screenshot to show you what I am talking about.
    07-16-2019 08:09 AM
    Already, so this morning I was doing the message hit the listen button on Android Auto on my head unit unable to read message. I tried to send a similar message through Google Assistant on Android Auto and I can't. Furthermore, tried this with Google Assistant my phone, It says I can't send messages yet. Has anyone experiences yet. I tried to research this on internet and there are few workers but none of them work for me. He's a screenshot to show you what I am talking about. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f7b9ec2094.jpg
    What have you tried so far?
    07-16-2019 08:22 AM
    What have you tried so far?
    I tried installing reinstalling the application, also uninstalling left the beta rebooted my phone a few times still can't send text messages from Google Assistant. Apparently, a few of other users on Reddit forums are same issues as well apparently.
    07-16-2019 08:31 AM
    I tried installing reinstalling the application, also uninstalling left the beta rebooted my phone a few times still can't send text messages from Google Assistant. Apparently, a few of other users on Reddit forums are same issues as well apparently.
    So your now off beta and this problem happening still ? Try clearing data,cache and force stop the Google app?
    07-16-2019 08:38 AM
    So your now off beta and this problem happening still ? Try clearing data,cache and force stop the Google app?
    I'm going to try that now see what happens....

Update so I rebooted my phone as well still nothing unfortunately
    07-16-2019 09:08 AM
    I'm going to try that now see what happens....

Update so I rebooted my phone as well still nothing unfortunately
    Ok let me know.
    07-16-2019 09:25 AM
    Ok let me know.
    Yeah, unfortunately still nothing. I don't get it resemble if I go insane without all my phone and at the microphone for Google Assistant say text someone it says I don't understand..
    07-16-2019 09:35 AM
    Yeah, unfortunately still nothing. I don't get it resemble if I go insane without all my phone and at the microphone for Google Assistant say text someone it says I don't understand..
    Try retraining Google assistant , and maybe sign out of your account and back in .
    07-16-2019 09:37 AM
    Try retraining Google assistant , and maybe sign out of your account and back in .
    Yeah, okay. I'll give that a shot.
    07-16-2019 09:39 AM
    Yeah, okay. I'll give that a shot.
    I tried retraining the Google Assistant. Still nothing. I'll have to try and figure this out. I don't get it and it's very frustrating. Thanks anyways.
    07-16-2019 09:44 AM
    I tried retraining the Google Assistant. Still nothing. I'll have to try and figure this out. I don't get it and it's very frustrating. Thanks anyways.
    Ok, try go through it's settings, yeah I can understand it fustrating.. your welcome
    07-16-2019 09:47 AM
    Ok, try go through it's settings, yeah I can understand it fustrating.. your welcome
    Yep I'll give it a shot again thanks
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-16-2019 09:49 AM
    It sounds like your Google Assistant had a brain fart. It happens from time to time, not necessary to everyone. Largely depends on what region of cloud servers you are using. Google just had too many cloud service fails recently.

I'd suggest you just wait it out instead of trying all those things on your phone. A server side problem can't be resolved on your phone.

Google Assistant is quite straight forward: it sends your voice to Google server. Someone on that end listens to it, see the recent story, (or AI listens to it) and send back the responses to your phone. If it can't understand you, baring hardware issue (microphone failure), it usually is their server side problem.

Since you have tried while using AA and without, it is extremely unlikely that both car mic and phone mic failed.
    07-16-2019 02:58 PM
    It sounds like your Google Assistant had a brain fart. It happens from time to time, not necessary to everyone. Largely depends on what region of cloud servers you are using. Google just had too many cloud service fails recently.

I'd suggest you just wait it out instead of trying all those things on your phone. A server side problem can't be resolved on your phone.

Google Assistant is quite straight forward: it sends your voice to Google server. Someone on that end listens to it, see the recent story, (or AI listens to it) and send back the responses to your phone. If it can't understand you, baring hardware issue (microphone failure), it usually is their server side problem.

Since you have tried while using AA and without, it is extremely unlikely that both car mic and phone mic failed.
    Well, yep yep. I'm just going to have to force myself to be even more patient than I have already been lol. That's the most I can suggest and and to agree about. There's nothing in my control that I can do.
    07-16-2019 04:30 PM
    Same exact thing happened to me 2 days ago. I have done nothing with my settings between working and not working. I first noticed it via Android Auto. Wasn't working like it has been. which was flawlessly. Then poof, stopped. Can't send text via voice through the App or Android Auto.
    07-26-2019 12:38 PM
    thankfully, start working again I think it is a Google server side issue. Couple days ago in my car for Android Auto, sending and receiving messages magically started working again!
    07-26-2019 12:40 PM
    i first noticed this on android auto about 3 weeks ago. cannot send text via voice from either car or phone. all other voice commands work. i go through the whole...
    hey google send message to user.name,
    Message to user.name using sms, Whats the message?
    "send another test"
    I got "send another test" do you want to send it or change it?
    send it
    Its on its way, message not sent.

Very frustrating. especially when driving.......btw I live in australia if that helps?
    Any ideas would be most welcome
    08-07-2019 10:38 PM
    Yeah I remember getting the responses "message not sent." Try and see if you can force a downgrade to an older version of Android Auto. Unless you're on the latest one.
    08-08-2019 07:05 AM