I have my Galaxy S9+ connected to a Kkmoon (k5890) head unit, newly installed. Everything with AA works except incoming/outgoing calls. If I place a call with the AA phone interface/dialer the call is then "kicked out" of the AA interface and placed with the BT radio interface of the Head Unit. When I receive an incoming call, while in AA, the Answer notification in AA is quickly flashed on screen then the call gets sent to the BT radio as if AA is not even running. I can answer the call fine but then I cannot get back to AA (maps for instance) while connected to the call.
    I had read that if you install the Google phone dialer and make it the default that this can avoid this problem, but it seems that doesn't help for me here as the behavior remains the same.

Any see this with other devices?
    07-30-2019 08:56 AM
    It is headunit's job to make it work within AA User Interface (although the actual calling audio are through the standard Bluetooth audio protocol, but the UI should remain in AA). I have used many different Android Auto head units and they all properly handle this. Your best bet is to contact the maker of your headunit to fix the problem.
    07-30-2019 09:21 AM