okay so what I realize is that if I have a calendar event with a destination location as part of it, the new Android auto doesn't recognize that it just tells you we can navigate to that location. Versus the older Android auto UI, showed you your Google cards and showed you your Google calendar event location and allowed you to navigate there. Has anyone else experienced this yet? I'm in duncanville, I love the new UI of Android Auto, but it's something that I have observed, and I think that a lot of other people observed it as well.
    10-06-2019 07:54 AM
    Something they touched on in this video (their comparisons are quite hilarious BTW).

I wish they did better at using the screen real estate even on 'smaller' screens and not just the widescreen ones (I mean... mApple Auto does it :P )
    10-06-2019 12:04 PM
    Something they touched on in this video (their comparisons are quite hilarious BTW).

I wish they did better at using the screen real estate even on 'smaller' screens and not just the widescreen ones (I mean... mApple Auto does it )
    Haha yeah I know exactly what you're talking about! I follow The straight pipes as one of the many YouTube channels on my account as well! They are right. Oh well.
    10-06-2019 12:36 PM
    okay so what I realize is that if I have a calendar event with a destination location as part of it, the new Android auto doesn't recognize that it just tells you we can navigate to that location. Versus the older Android auto UI, showed you your Google cards and showed you your Google calendar event location and allowed you to navigate there. Has anyone else experienced this yet? I'm in duncanville, I love the new UI of Android Auto, but it's something that I have observed, and I think that a lot of other people observed it as well.
    I've noticed this also. I've just been going to my calendar app on my phone and selecting the destination. I'll probably send feedback directly to the Android Auto team and hope they make a change.
    10-15-2019 09:34 PM
    I've noticed this also. I've just been going to my calendar app on my phone and selecting the destination. I'll probably send feedback directly to the Android Auto team and hope they make a change.
    yeah, honestly, what I've been doing as well as whenever I have a calendar event with a location as part of it, before I connect my phone into Android auto in the car, I will go to the calendar event location on my phone and have Google maps loaded. Then afterwards, it's already loaded into the history on Google I mean it's a bit of a workaround, but it still works...
    10-16-2019 07:02 AM
    If they're not going to display it on screen as before because they want Auto to focus on voice commands, then they should enable the 'directions to my next appointment' or 'navigate to my next appointment' command. Shame Boogle. SHAME!

(Also, the mobile version has it, why not Auto?! SPEED LIMITS AND CURRENT SPEED!!!!!!!)
    10-16-2019 12:45 PM