Why has Android Auto navigation stopped working?

skris88

Oct 11, 2019
Visit site
I'm on a USB connection to my cars head unit. Everything works perfectly and I've been loving Android Auto this past year.

My Android Auto finally popped up with a "Do you want the upgrade?" on my car head unit on Monday. Yippie!

The new version installs and I have the lovely new improved UI.

But "Hello Google, navigate to xxx" seems to fire up but there's no navigation route guidance on the head unit. If I do same on the phone unplugged from the head unit navigation is per normal.

What is wrong?

My Android Auto app indicates it is running "Version 4.7.593823-release".

Andriod Auto navigation is not just a life saver (I visit customer sites all day long), but also simply touching a mobile phone now courts a $1,000 fine here in Brisbane Brisbane Australia.

HELP - Somebody please fix this!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the Android Auto forum for more specific traffic.

When you give the navigate voice command, what does show up on the head unit? Is it still just the regular map view? Does it seem to register anything at all, or does it just ignore you?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the new UI update, I found a few times that Google Assistant very sluggish inside Android Auto but other times it works just fine. That's probably what OP encountered.
The GA icon seems paused for a long time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12