Sickening advertisement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Seriously? You allow an advertisement for Trump? This is absolutely sickening and repulsive! I'm done with Android Central.

Attachments

• 13449.jpg
    13449.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 37

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know exactly how the ad network works, but I'm pretty sure Android Central itself doesn't have a lot of control over the ads that are shown -- it's up to the ad network that's in use. If you've opted into interest-based ads, then the ads can be based on your searches (which means that if you have done searches on anyone or anything, regardless of whether you were looking for positive or negative stories, that may increase the chance of seeing ads for that subject). But if you've opted out, then they're random.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That looks the Android Central app , they do have a option to opt out of ads for a monthly,3 months, year cost . Chrome you shouldn't see much ads or forum app which I use .

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
You may not realize this, but Mobile Nations earns monies to help keep the sites open for visits and help, and there are people with differing political opinions across the spectrum here. I'm sure that if the opponent offered perfectly good money to advertise at MoNa, it would be accommodated, as well.

I see advertising I despise over various media sources. If I don't like it, I'm free to change the channel, or skip the ad, or even load another page. I'm also free to cancel my membership. If you feel this need, simply send a request to accounts@mobilenations.com .

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know exactly how the ad network works, but I'm pretty sure Android Central itself doesn't have a lot of control over the ads that are shown -- it's up to the ad network that's in use. If you've opted into interest-based ads, then the ads can be based on your searches (which means that if you have done searches on anyone or anything, regardless of whether you were looking for positive or negative stories, that may increase the chance of seeing ads for that subject). But if you've opted out, then they're random.
Question is did you buy the Fossil watch?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The AC app does come with its fair share of advertisements. I gloss over them, whether they are of a political nature or not. I often see shopping ads and that is usually it.

We are a community here that is united due to our love of phones, technology, and helping others. We are all entitled to our own political beliefs and affiliations. When I see an ad I don't like, I just ignore it. :)

Moderators, Ambassadors, and Volunteers here at AC do not have any control over what ads go up on the AC app.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? You allow an advertisement for Trump? This is absolutely sickening and repulsive! I'm done with Android Central.

So I take it you're done with pretty much all media? Tv, social media, streaming services, or even driving (billboards), etc. all advertise, and all will eventually show an ad for a political campaign you don't like. To rage quit over this is rather petty and immature.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I pay to remove ads on as many apps as I can and try to use those apps over websites that are filled with them. Some people may be happy to see Trump ads. Others may not be. As the others said personalisation produces ads targeted to things you have searched for or shops you have visited. If you opt-out they are random. Right now our ads are flooded with covid advice and NHS slogans. I also get Amazon and very ads online. Where I have not been able to disable ads.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've found a good adblocker has completely fixed the outrageous number of ads I use to see.... now I never surf without it ;-) It's still quite amusing seeing websites begging me to whitelist them because "they can't bring me their incredible content without the over the top, bog my browser to it's knees ads". If they actually were reasonable with the ads I would whitelist them........ but they're not so I don't :-[

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Trump advertisements are all over the web and media. Guess you're done with social media, forums, news, television, basically the entirety of the internet, etc.

In all seriousness, if a Trump advertisement enrages you this badly you may need to seek help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma