AC App update 6/26, now won't open on S9?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a Galaxy S9. Today, there were updates to both the Android Central and CrackBerry apps in the Play Store.

Neither will start. I click on the icon, the splash screen pops up for a second, then immediately closes out. If I click on the icon again, I get the system message "Android Central keeps stopping". Same with the CB app.

I don't use those apps much - I primarily use the Forums apps for both sites (including how I'm posting this). But, I wanted to let someone know, or find out if it's just me. I've already made a similar post in the CB Forums as well.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a Galaxy S9. Today, there were updates to both the Android Central and CrackBerry apps in the Play Store.

Neither will start. I click on the icon, the splash screen pops up for a second, then immediately closes out. If I click on the icon again, I get the system message "Android Central keeps stopping". Same with the CB app.

I don't use those apps much - I primarily use the Forums apps for both sites (including how I'm posting this). But, I wanted to let someone know, or find out if it's just me. I've already made a similar post in the CB Forums as well.

Par for the course. Unfortunate that it happens but did anybody test it before releasing it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I updated my app around 5pm est and that's when I noticed it not working. No update yet in play store for me.
Ok let's see if you get a update or they update us here , im trying now on my Note 10+ and crashes , I use the Forum app so testing this out to see what you guys are seeing .

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It's crashing for me as well. It's the update today that makes it crash. Prior to that it was fine, so what they're working on still isn't done.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
What's wierd is that the update works on my Fire Tablet HD 8. Both the AC app and the CB app. It's just the S9 where it crashes. The tablet is based on Android 7, so it could be a Samsung, or an Android 10 thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital