The new Android Central application ...

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Thats kinda dumb like 70% of all android phones still run gingerbread its the most common android version

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-platform-numbers-april-are-jelly-bean-284-devices

Gingerbread is at 38%. ICS and JB combine for >55%.

I understand your frustration. App developers are in a tough situation because they have to pick a version to target. They want to be able to write an app that reaches as many users as possible, but they also want to be able to use the latest features and APIs.

In the beta post Phil said that they targeted 4.0 with "this release", so maybe additional compatibility will be in future releases. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=274065

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the AC app widget on my Nexus 7 tablet and HTC One phone, noticing battery life on both devices is worse recently. I'm going to take the widget off the One and see what happens.
Love the app and widget. Hope to see more improvements.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or has the AC app been buggy since the last update? I have to close it randomly and reopen it to have it load things. It doesn't even attempt to use the data connection and just to be sure it wasn't Sprint I tried it at home on wifi. All apps worked but I'd stare at "loading..." when trying to load more threads in a section.

Is this known?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
wow the latest update keeps logging me off. Even switching out to a different app just after logging in and browsing around immediately logs me off. basically useless for daily users.

also I have to enter my username and PW every single time now. It's never saved.
:confused:
from my DNA

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My wish list (or possibly stuff that already exists but I can't find!) :

Mark forum read
Open directly to Favorite Forums tab
Indication that there are unread messages in a given forum without having to open it.

Thanks guys and gals, it all looks great otherwise!

Posted via Android Central App

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
wow the latest update keeps logging me off. Even switching out to a different app just after logging in and browsing around immediately logs me off. basically useless for daily users.

also I have to enter my username and PW every single time now. It's never saved.
:confused:
from my DNA

The above has been fixed.

from my DNA

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I am having problems where sometimes I can't post because it says I am not logged in or do not have the permission to do it. Also, sometimes when I go into the comments, it says 0 comments and doesn't show any comments. And it has been crashing alot lately :(

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
The Sync Interval options could be better. Only goes up to 30 mins? How bout 1 hr, 2 hrs, 4 hrs? The app IS just a news app, not traffic, severe wx, email.

Take the hubris down a notch, give us 4 hr update cycles, please.

atesuquv.jpg

// Tapatalk 2 on Nexus 4. //

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I am having problems where sometimes I can't post because it says I am not logged in or do not have the permission to do it. Also, sometimes when I go into the comments, it says 0 comments and doesn't show any comments. And it has been crashing alot lately :(

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Fixed in recent update for me, it prompts to log in, then posting works without a hitch. Make sure you've got the latest version.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Getting more crashes lately. And the page transition folderol sometimes results in double-input. :-\

eric.atx

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
The app keeps crashing on my phone. I have the widget enabled and it does it often. I report the crash report often but not always. Is done this for a while but seems to be doing it more now.

It doesn't crash with the app open just on my home screen. I use apex and action launcher.

Evo 4g LTE running cyanogen mod

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood