07-27-2013 12:47 PM
236 12345 ...
tools
    This is awesome guys! No issues at all, running CM Nightlies on Galaxy Nexus. Only request would to be a dark theme. Thanks!!
    jean15paul likes this.
    04-30-2013 03:33 PM
    "Can't open file" error. Tried downloading twice.

Galaxy Nexus toro, 4.2.2
    I had the same when I tried from the download manager, but it worked fine when I opened the apk from a filemanager
    04-30-2013 03:38 PM
    I was able to download and install fine on my Nexus 4 but when I tried the login screen I couldn't enter my password. I was able to enter my username but then could't get "into" the password field. I'm using SwiftKey, not sure if that makes a difference...
    04-30-2013 03:44 PM
    Being unable to open the apk is definitely not a feature.

Looking into it. Here's a direct DL link if you wanna try that. http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/articleimage/684/2013/03/app_alphas/AndroidCentral43013.apk
    I had to download it to my computer, then copied it as an apk using airdroid. Works great and looks good.
    Galaxy Note 2
    04-30-2013 03:45 PM
    Working great on Verizon Note II...nice job guys, thx!
    04-30-2013 04:02 PM
    Direct download link worked. I like! Thanks, AndroidCentral!
    04-30-2013 04:18 PM
    It says that it has a problem parsing the package...have no idea

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
    04-30-2013 04:31 PM
    So far working great on my HTC One! Looking good too. Will post if I encounter anything strange as I continue using it.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-30-2013 04:32 PM
    Oh yeah, I downloaded the app from the original attachment that was posted, installed w/o a hitch.

04-30-2013 04:34 PM
    Nexus 7 tablet running jb 4.2.2
    Download: perfect no problems fast and quick install As expected (Norton security also said it was cool with them hahaha XD)
    scrolling: fast no lags
    Opening and closing links: quick and smooth
    Overall: fast grand and no problems so far although navigating forums was a bit hard to get the hang of and the theme is quite plain besides that love it well done hope I helped
    04-30-2013 04:36 PM
    Pretty Good so far, here are some of my gripes with it though.

YouTube playback is nonexistent, you must open the browser!? Why isn't the YouTube api implemented?
    The forum page layout is a bit weird, why can't you scroll down continuously as opposed to hitting "next page." And those buttons on the top look out of place as well, much like the tapatalk app.

Why is settings in the left pane? This is like Twitter where the menu button doesn't do anything.

Keep up the good work and thanks for creating an app (finally).

Nexus S 4.1.2 Stock

04-30-2013 05:05 PM
    OK, you're probably aware of this, but the app is not showing images within forum messages, just the code. Also, it would be nice if you could attach or embed images in messages from the app (didn't find any way to do that at least).

Screenshot_2013-04-30-16-51-56.jpg
    DevSteven likes this.
    04-30-2013 05:07 PM
    I downloaded and it did nothing, only a zooper widget template

have you heard about the GN2, yea it's awesome (^-^)
    04-30-2013 05:59 PM
    In the "Latest Posts" thread of the forum it might be useful to somehow include which sub forum the post is from for context.

04-30-2013 06:07 PM
    Pretty Good so far, here are some of my gripes with it though.

YouTube playback is nonexistent, you must open the browser!? Why isn't the YouTube api implemented?
    Might need to clear defaults from your browser, then. Because it'll open in YouTube just fine.
    Attached Images
    av8ryxx and jean15paul like this.
    04-30-2013 06:44 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and thank you for all your feedback so far! I'll be reading this thread often and will be working to fix all the issues and add as many features as fast I can.

Also I'm not sure if Phil mentioned it but I haven't actually put in any tablet optimizations as yet. Working on it ;-)

Cheers,
    Neil
    04-30-2013 07:15 PM
    Might need to clear defaults from your browser, then. Because it'll open in YouTube just fine.
    I think he means he wants the YouTube video to play right in the app like it does in Falcon Pro. That feature is very handy. It keeps us from leaving the app, which is a very good thing.

dra and DevSteven like this.
    04-30-2013 07:21 PM
    I've noticed the following things with the podcast feature. My apologies if they have been posted before.

1.) The progress bar doesn't go back to the beginning once the podcast has been listened to completely.
    2.) The notification shade integration is nice, but the notification won't go away after the podcast is finished. I even killed all apps from memory.
    3.) The notification isn't rich, so I can't use the one or two finger expand feature to control playback or pause.
    4.) On the list of podcasts, it would be nice if you could long press and mark as played and reset listen postion back to never played.
    5.) On the list of podcasts, it would be nice to see the percentage played or how much time has elapsed/total podcast length. For podcasts, that have never been played in the app, you could display Never played or total podcast length time/total podcast length time

I like to be thorough in my beta testing, as it is part of my day job . :-)

Posted via Android Central App on my unlocked T-Mobile Note 2 running stock 4.1.2 on AT&T.
    Sophos likes this.
    04-30-2013 07:43 PM
    HTC One S 4.1.1

This downloaded and installed perfectly, login was a breeze, scrolling is very smooth and I like the look of the app. This is easy to navigate. I agree that it would be great to view pics in the app rather than just a link, but I think Phil mentioned this is being addressed. Also access to posting links and pics, and emoticons and all that.

So far I really like it overall, but it's only been a few minutes...

Posted via my HTC One S using the Android Central App
    04-30-2013 08:24 PM
    Hmmmm. Cannot edit posts? Also, when I open a forum thread it does not take me to the last post read, but opens at the beginning of the thread. I'm guessing these things will be added?

Posted via my HTC One S using the Android Central App
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    04-30-2013 08:27 PM
    I would like to see notifications of new stories posted and/or replies to threads your subscribed to. also, cant seem to post pictures in forum posts...unless I completely missed that feature. great app though, great job guys!

Posted via Android Central App with my HTC One
    04-30-2013 09:31 PM
    Phil, are notifications for comment replies on the website content supposed to be functional? Or is that not implemented in the beta.. yet?

04-30-2013 09:42 PM
    Excellent work. Working perfectly on my AT&T S3 Android 4.1.1. Haven't found any issues so far. Posting this comment through the app.

Illustrator Joe likes this.
    04-30-2013 09:51 PM
    love the app so far. would like an easier way to view sub forums without a lot of screens. Like to go to Verizon forum you have to click carrier, then us carrier, then Verizon. Kind of a pain

04-30-2013 09:57 PM
    I'm digging this app.

04-30-2013 10:00 PM
236 12345 ...