07-27-2013 11:47 AM
236 ... 78910
tools
    I've noticed that the home page with articles does not update on own even when you exit the app. I open it (from not in a running state) and it's old posts, but if you refresh it gets new posts.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-10-2013 12:27 PM
    05-10-2013 02:49 PM
    I've noticed that the home page with articles does not update on own even when you exit the app. I open it (from not in a running state) and it's old posts, but if you refresh it gets new posts.

Mine syncs when I open it. What is your sync interval set to? Manual?

05-10-2013 05:42 PM
    Nice article. Consistent design is a good thing. Although I must say that I never liked the swipe from the edge being a different gesture than a regular swipe. I accidentally do it too often.

05-10-2013 05:50 PM
    Mine syncs when I open it. What is your sync interval set to? Manual?

I have it set to manual. Try not to consume too much battery
    05-10-2013 06:06 PM
    I have it set to manual. Try not to consume too much battery
    Yeah. That's why you only get new articles when you manually refresh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    05-10-2013 09:07 PM
    On the Galaxy Note 2 this app is missing the top menu button.

05-12-2013 09:33 AM
    Phil, when are we going to see customizable widgets? And what about the tablets!!! We can't forget the tablets!!!

05-12-2013 01:02 PM
    The official release is a fantastic app. Well done and kudos to the designers and developers.

I have no issues with the app. The only things that I would like to see are:
    1. Forums as slick as the tapatalk app that jumps to last read post when revisiting a thread. Would also be nice to have forums on a tab for quicker access rather than using the menu, rearrangable tabs perhaps.
    2. Dark theme with pure black background
    3. Some of the fields in the profile are difficult to edit because the text boxes don't scroll/expand.
    4. Refresh option to refresh upon opening the app.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2013 03:31 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think I just found a bug. The "open in browser" button doesn't seem to be working for me.

I was reading the "editors desk" blog post, and the embedded Sound Cloud didn't work. (I'd like it to, but that didn't surprise me for v1.0.) So I hit the overflow menu and hit "Open in Browser". Instead of opening in my default browser (Chrome), the post reloaded within the app. I tried it in a few other posts with the same result. It might be because I set the AC app as my default for opening AC links, but even with that default, "Open in Browser" should always open in the Browser.

This happened on my rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus running CM10.1 nightlies.

codehut likes this.
    05-12-2013 09:03 PM
    Hi AC crew,
    Just a quick bit of feedback on the app, when you have an article that has a link to an external sources such as an App on Google Play, it isn't displayed in the apps view of the article.

Other than that, great work! Love it!

neonworm likes this.
    05-13-2013 05:03 PM
    Can you make it so we can see how much views a thread gets? Thanks. Great work so far!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    05-13-2013 09:52 PM
    Not at the moment. Shouldn't be too hard to add though. Let me look in to it :-)

Thanks for the quick reply!!

05-14-2013 07:28 PM
    So, the forum lists will say 20 of 47 or something like that but there is no way to see 21-47.

Edit: installed update and it is actually working fine now so disregard.

Posted from my awesome GNex via the spankin' new Android Central App, cause I'm special that way.
    05-18-2013 11:54 AM
    I just made a purchase from Shop Android through the app for the first time. Everything worked well except one thing...

Within the shop, there doesn't seem to be a way to watch the embedded product videos. If I click the video it tries to play it within the app and can't. It I click the "watch on YouTube" button it opens the mobile YouTube site within the app and I get an error that says that I need Flash. I suspect that this is because the shop is a scrape of the mobile website. (at least that's how it appears.)

05-19-2013 11:24 PM
    Using the version in Google Play now. Is the beta version still adding new fixes, or has the version I have Google Play taken over?
    05-20-2013 07:48 PM
    Using the version in Google Play now. Is the beta version still adding new fixes, or has the version I have Google Play taken over?
    You want to use the Google play version.
    rxgadget likes this.
    05-20-2013 07:53 PM
    When is the feature where we can see which threads we have already seen coming? Just a friendly reminder

Sent from my XT907
    05-20-2013 08:02 PM
    This app is the #1 new free app in Google play news and magazine category. :-)
    05-20-2013 08:18 PM
    There's not a separate beta track (like there is with Chrome). There were a couple of betas posted here before the Play version was released. Now the play version (1.1 I think) is the most up to date.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    rxgadget likes this.
    05-20-2013 08:40 PM
    Guys does anybody know where does the app downloads the mp3 version of the AC podcast please? It downloads on my phone but then its gone and I cant find it anywhere on my phone.

Sorry if this has been previously asked.

Love the app so far.

Thanks

05-21-2013 07:36 PM
    Hi Guys, to new bugs to report both involved with streaming the podcast.

1) while streaming the podcast if a call comes in and I answer the call, the podcast continue to stream while I'm in the call. The app needs to be able to see the phone state and automatically call the stream.

2) when streaming a podcast and you get to the end, even though the podcast is finished the app still shows it as playing until you manually press the pause button

I hope this helps. Keep up the great work

05-21-2013 08:18 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but image galleries within articles don't show up in the app. Compare this post in the app and on the web. http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-...-stealth-black

05-22-2013 07:52 AM
    Thread is starting to get big, not sure if this was mentioned/addressed before...

Ability to read/respond to PMs on the forum side?
    05-22-2013 11:24 AM
    I may be missing something simple... How to move between threads while viewing a thread without moving back to the list of threads? I thought maybe swiping left/right would work but doesn't seem to. What am I missing?
    05-24-2013 09:42 AM
236 ... 78910