Android Central App: Open beta testing

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Suggestions -

As others have said - bold for unread threads.

I would like also to see the last poster and time of the post, which I think is more useful than the the OP. I believe the mobile site shows like this.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
OK, I've come across this bug a couple of times now where the app is displaying duplicate threads. At first I though it was a member posting the same topic more than once but all the threads have the same reply/view count. Anyone else run across this?

y6e6a8yg.jpg

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Liking the latest update. Nice to see those images and edit post functions in place.

Posted via The New Android Central App ;)

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Suggestions -

As others have said - bold for unread threads.

I would like also to see the last poster and time of the post, which I think is more useful than the the OP. I believe the mobile site shows like this.

Agree with both of these suggestions. Otherwise I love everything about the app.

Posted via Android Central App

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded and installed and noticed two things right off - favorite forums didn't transfer over (favorite threads did) and there is no preview on the threads.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

It is showing the last poster, just not the time or the preview.
They may not be showing up as to who thanked/like(which now that you mention it is another thing i would like to see) but up in the top right hand corner,you should see the number of thanks and likes located there.
Would also like to see who thanked and/or liked but at least now, you can see both thanks and likes which you could only see thanks before if there were both.

Multi-quote is missing for replies, but I do like the new long press menu.

Adding to list:
1) No "all" view. So once you read a latest thread, now you can't find it again.
2) doesn't save spot in thread. Checking if maybe settings weren't transfered. (Hmm..there are no settings, so add "need settings" to the list and all the options currently in settings.)
3) Prefer seeing time of post in the thread. Guess I can get used to this way, but ideal would be date and time. I can't stress how important dates are and it drives me crazy when I run across a blog or news article and there is no date anywhere.
4)Smileys aren't showing as smileys, just the punctuation marks. Have to use the ones from my keyboard now. :-\
5) Numbering. When you are reading through a long thread, having post numbers is useful for when you need to come back or so you know how many more posts have been added since you last visited.

Last edited:

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Got the update last night. Still takes me to the first page of a post I've visited before, not the last page I read when I left it.
Also, it doesn't show me what page I'm on, and when I hit the page button, it starts at page one, not the page I'm currently on.
Other than that, and the bold for unread others have mentioned, this is an awesome, all in one app. I can't wait to use it full time!
Also, my favorites did migrate over.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
It is showing the last poster, just not the time or the preview.

Would also like to see who thanked and/or liked but at least now, you can see both thanks and likes which you could only see thanks before if there were both.

Multi-quote is missing for replies, but I do like the new long press menu.

No, it is showing OP.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
EVERYBODY!

We're now live in Google Play. V1.0.

We've still got bugs to squash. We still have features to add. But we also wanted to get things into Google Play so that we can do proper updates.

So, here you go!

Note: You'll need to uninstall any beta versions before installing from Google Play.

And be sure to log in and test out all the posting features! Thanks again for helping with this. We're stoked.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.androidcentral.app&token=ADNAA9UU

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
EVERYBODY!

We've still got bugs to squash. We still have features to add. But we also wanted to get things into Google Play so that we can do proper updates.

So, here you go!

Note: You'll need to uninstall any beta versions before installing from Google Play.

And be sure to log in and test out all the posting features! Thanks again for helping with this. We're stoked.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.androidcentral.app&token=9DZYQIW4

Sweet! Downloading now:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the official version. I've waited for this so long and I'm glad to say that this app fulfilled my expectations. Thanks AC.

Posted from the AC app

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
EVERYBODY!

So, here you go!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.androidcentral.app&token=YsxzcZn8

Just went to Google Play and tried to search for Android Central and it only shows the OLD AC Forums app. So if you want the new improved Mobile Nations made Android Central app use the url above from Phil's post. Also uninstall beta first. I went to the link for 1.0 before I uninstalled the latest beta and it gives option to open.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if my version is different? I am on 0.9.2

View attachment 67427

Nope. We were looking in different places. I was looking at the Latest, Favorite Forums and Participated categories while you navigated through the forums. I think the current version does it that way too, but I agree that it should be "last post" on all of them. (Glad we figured that out.)

Posted from my awesome GNex via the spankin' new Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge