Android Central App: Open beta testing

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's my list of Bugs:

-Crashes when Long-pressing a Thread in your "Favorite Threads" section instead of opening the Share pop-up
-Back arrow should by dynamically removed from the upper left corner when accessing the tabs since it can't navigate further to the left
-"Tip us" button returns the User to the previous section behind the "Open with" Pop-up
-Double-tapping to zoom in on the "What is passport" Pop-up in the "Account" section dismisses it but then it cannot be opened until User goes to another section then returns to "Account"
-Double-tapping to zoom in anywhere within the "Account" section inserts long blank section at the bottom of the page which isn't there before zooming in
-"Share" button within "Forums" section behaves differently than in "Home" & "Podcasts" sections
-Swiping from left-to-right to access the tabs works differently from "Shop" & "Account" sections compared to the rest - those 2 can't be swiped from the center of the page -VS- the others can
-Version # gets highlighted when tapped but doesn't have an effect (it shouldn't be highlightable IMO)
-Tapping "Recent Apps" button while finger is held on a Tab name doesn't clear that button input & action continues when App is resumed (occurs in many areas)
-Button labels when Long-pressing them in the Shop & Home aren't centered the way they are in native Google Apps (example: GMail, Google+, Google Voice)
-Cannot expand the text selection when Long-pressing text within the "Account" section - only one word at a time

Let me know if more details are needed for any of the Bugs I've listed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
New list:

1) Can't download wallpapers. Can only "set as" for immediate use. (PS do you have to be 18 or older to use this app/website, because you should be for some of the wallpapers. So clearly a guys site. :rolleyes:)

2) Like how easy it is to back out of a reply, but miss the save option.

Posted from my awesome GNex via the spankin' new Android Central App, cause I'm special that way.

Last edited:

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
-Version # gets highlighted when tapped but doesn't have an effect (it shouldn't be highlightable IMO)

Maybe tapping on it 10 times in fast succession will show a dancing Lloyd. ;)

Posted from my awesome GNex via the spankin' new Android Central App, cause I'm special that way.

greekgod

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to save a wallpaper image to the phone? I have an HTC OneS and it crops out the center of the wallpaper and I have no control over it.
Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
So I jumped shipped and deleted the old app. Strictly beta, now. Question, is there any way to access pms currently?

I'm still using the old app just for forum push notifications. Once this app gets updated the tapatalk app will be deleted.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using the old app just for forum push notifications. Once this app gets updated the tapatalk app will be deleted.

That is a pretty smart thing to do. I don't mind so much push notification, but I was hoping to be able to access my inbox. Ill probably reinstall the other all until this one is ironed out.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
That is a pretty smart thing to do. I don't mind so much push notification, but I was hoping to be able to access my inbox. Ill probably reinstall the other all until this one is ironed out.

I'm still using the old one too until I can tell which threads I've read and which I haven't. I spend enough time here as it is without navigating through threads I don't need to ('specially since the start at page 1). Then I run out of time for the new stuff! But, by having the new one installed, I'll know when updates are released.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm still using the old one too until I can tell which threads I've read and which I haven't. I spend enough time here as it is without navigating through threads I don't need to ('specially since the start at page 1). Then I run out of time for the new stuff! But, by having the new one installed, I'll know when updates are released.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Exactly. Also, a dark theme would be great... Not sure if it's possible given that most of AC is in the app, but I find it so much easier for forum surfing.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I really prefer to read the blog/news on the new app. It's so much faster than viewing the full site in Chrome, and it's so much nicer looking and fully featured than the mobile site.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

codehut

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Here's my list of Bugs:

-Crashes when Long-pressing a Thread in your "Favorite Threads" section instead of opening the Share pop-up
-Back arrow should by dynamically removed from the upper left corner when accessing the tabs since it can't navigate further to the left
-"Tip us" button returns the User to the previous section behind the "Open with" Pop-up
-Double-tapping to zoom in on the "What is passport" Pop-up in the "Account" section dismisses it but then it cannot be opened until User goes to another section then returns to "Account"
-Double-tapping to zoom in anywhere within the "Account" section inserts long blank section at the bottom of the page which isn't there before zooming in
-"Share" button within "Forums" section behaves differently than in "Home" & "Podcasts" sections
-Swiping from left-to-right to access the tabs works differently from "Shop" & "Account" sections compared to the rest - those 2 can't be swiped from the center of the page -VS- the others can
-Tapping "Recent Apps" button while finger is held on a Tab name doesn't clear that button input & action continues when App is resumed (occurs in many areas)
-Button labels when Long-pressing them in the Shop & Home aren't centered the way they are in native Google Apps (example: GMail, Google+, Google Voice)
-Cannot expand the text selection when Long-pressing text within the "Account" section - only one word at a time

Let me know if more details are needed for any of the Bugs I've listed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Really great feedback. Thanks.

codehut

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to save a wallpaper image to the phone? I have an HTC OneS and it crops out the center of the wallpaper and I have no control over it.
Thanks

Not at the moment. Shouldn't be too hard to add though. Let me look in to it :)

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Edit: I was corrected. This is a known issue. Phil mentions it in the 2nd post in this thread.

I just came across what I think is a pretty significant missing feature / bug. (I'm actually surprised it hasn't been brought up already.)

The "Get it on Google Play" badges (that are at the top of every news article about an app) don't appear in the AC app. So there is no direct link to the Play Store listing for an app. Articles are still being written referencing the link to the Play Store, but there's no link. This seems like a pretty big disconnect to me.

Last edited:

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
In need of tablet support still. And the ability to post pictures from the inside the Android Central forums using Android Central app.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
When I first open the app and back out of it, I get an error and am asked to force close the app. Not sure what may be causing it though.

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I just came across what I think is a pretty significant missing feature / bug. (I'm actually surprised it hasn't been brought up already.)

The "Get it on Google Play" badges (that are at the top of every news article about an app) don't appear in the AC app. So there is no direct link to the Play Store listing for an app. Articles are still being written referencing the link to the Play Store, but there's no link. This seems like a pretty big disconnect to me.

Phil mentions it on then first page of this thread.

Sent from my unlocked T-Mobile Note 2.

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Great app. Looks really good on the HTC One. The only suggestion I see is in the forums if there could be a time stamp next to each topic to see when it was last updated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech