I've been using the AC app more and more, I find it's quite useful to read the forums with as well as the articles. But this last update I absolutely dislike. The font sizes have changed and so has the menu colors.
    While the menu colors make the app look more kidish I can get over that, what I can't get over is the default font size that seem to be set for the visual impaired. Yes I can change it to tiny but that setting only applies to the article. This app should NEVER mess with fonts and font sizes. A well designed app should find the default system settings and use those set by the user.

As it stands the new changes irritated me so much I actually uninstalled the app.
    08-24-2013 10:20 AM
    I've been using the AC app more and more, I find it's quite useful to read the forums with as well as the articles. But this last update I absolutely dislike. The font sizes have changed and so has the menu colors.
    While the menu colors make the app look more kidish I can get over that, what I can't get over is the default font size that seem to be set for the visual impaired. Yes I can change it to tiny but that setting only applies to the article. This app should NEVER mess with fonts and font sizes. A well designed app should find the default system settings and use those set by the user.

As it stands the new changes irritated me so much I actually uninstalled the app.
    I also noticed that the font change doesn't even stick to the article you were on. But for me that isn't that much of a big deal.
    08-24-2013 10:50 AM
    Never really realized how important fonts are to me but they make the reading experience.
    08-25-2013 01:42 AM
    Hey X,

Thanks for the feedback! (I'm the developer for the app :-))

Regarding the menu colors, with the design we were going for consistency with the Google + app - if you've got that installed pull out the side-menu and take a look at the icon design and colors.

Regarding font settings, with this release my goal was actually to bring better consistency with Android and native apps. Prior to 1.4, the app was just using font sizes I picked. With 1.4, I went for Android standard font sizes defined by Android (@android:style/TextAppearance.Medium for the news article comments and forum thread comments). I'm certainly open to making that text size configurable though - I'm working on an update now to fix up some bugs...so let me see if I can get that in as well.

Cheers,
    Neil
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
    08-25-2013 02:31 AM
    Hey X,

Thanks for the feedback! (I'm the developer for the app :-))

Regarding the menu colors, with the design we were going for consistency with the Google + app - if you've got that installed pull out the side-menu and take a look at the icon design and colors.

Regarding font settings, with this release my goal was actually to bring better consistency with Android and native apps. Prior to 1.4, the app was just using font sizes I picked. With 1.4, I went for Android standard font sizes defined by Android (@android:style/TextAppearance.Medium for the news article comments and forum thread comments). I'm certainly open to making that text size configurable though - I'm working on an update now to fix up some bugs...so let me see if I can get that in as well.

Cheers,
    Neil
    Hi. Can you please read the list of suggestions I typed out for the app? Here is the thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=302044
    codehut likes this.
    08-25-2013 02:58 AM
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Choosing the medium font is not the right solution I know there are system settings for font size would be my preferred way. So that I don't have to tinker with the app font setting.

However if you find it to difficult or inconsistent using the system settings. Provide a way for the user to set the default size for all articles. It is very annoying that I have to set the font every time I read a story.

Btw there is also inconsistencies with the cover story font and the stories themselves. It seems odd the font sizes change.
    08-27-2013 11:09 AM
    Moved to the Android Central Apps forum. And keep up the good work, Neil!
    08-27-2013 02:31 PM
    I personally think it looks great. Thanks, Neil!!
    08-27-2013 03:29 PM
    Hey X,

Have you updated to 1.4.2? I managed to sneak in a global font settings option. Hope that works ok for everyone.

Cheers,
    Neil

Posted via Android Central App
    _X_ likes this.
    08-27-2013 06:46 PM
    Hey X,

Have you updated to 1.4.2? I managed to sneak in a global font settings option. Hope that works ok for everyone.

Cheers,
    Neil

Hi codehut. I want to report a bug with the ac app. Lets say I am in the latest posts section, if I rotate my device so I can view it in landscape, it goes back to categories and vice versa.
    08-27-2013 07:13 PM
    Hi codehut. I want to report a bug with the ac app. Lets say I am in the latest posts section, if I rotate my device so I can view it in landscape, it goes back to categories and vice versa.
    Hmmm that's strange. I don't see that behaviour. You're running 1.4.2 correct? What device/OS version?
    08-27-2013 09:04 PM
    Hmmm that's strange. I don't see that behaviour. You're running 1.4.2 correct? What device/OS version?
    I am on a galaxy s3 running 4.1.2
    08-27-2013 10:43 PM
    And I accidently put vice versa in. It doesn't go to latest posts if you rotate it in categories. But, it goes back to categories when rotating it in participated, favorites, etc.
    08-27-2013 10:45 PM
    I am on a galaxy s3 running 4.1.2
    Thanks for the info. I grabbed a S3 running 4.1.2 and was able to reproduce the issue - I should be able to fix this in the next release.

Cheers,
    Neil
    neonworm likes this.
    08-28-2013 02:12 AM
    I had uninstalled it,... man I was missing that app.
    Anyhow I've reinstalled it and am enjoying it again. Thank you.
    08-28-2013 09:51 AM
    Thanks for the info. I grabbed a S3 running 4.1.2 and was able to reproduce the issue - I should be able to fix this in the next release.

Cheers,
    Neil
    Thank you. Great work on the app BTW!
    08-28-2013 10:54 AM
    Love the app, but since the last update it seems a bit slower on loading pages. Also, when pulling up forum threads it sometimes doesn't load them but gives me a blank page, and I have to back out and go back in. I have an HTC one. Not sure if this is the right place to leave this comment or not. Thanks.

08-29-2013 10:02 AM