AndroidCentral Android App won't let me post under 6.0 Marsmallow

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the updated app regularly under 5.1.1 on a Nexus 6

I just installed Marshmallow.

Google restored all my apps. I logged in to AC with Twitter as i usually do. It recognizes my account, koam.

When I try to reply to the same forum posts, it now says it's unable to post

"Cannot post reply. You are not logged in or do not have permission to do this action"

I am posting this now from my PC, same account.

Note that Android 6.0 now has different permissions rules, so that might be involved.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm running 6.0 Marshmallow on my Nexus 7. This post is from my tablet using the AC app.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I get those messages sometimes in Tapatalk when I open a thread from a link. Going in from my app drawer usually reinstated options.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Also make sure you ARE actually signed in to the app, click in the upper left of the app to expose the menus and make sure you don't have to sign in. :) Sometimes you will get signed out accidentally.

Kaedibyrd

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Tried it from the app drawer. Am definitely logged in. Restarted and tried again. No go. Can also not subscribe to a thread.

2013 Nexus 7. Just upgraded yesterday.

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Just installed the app yesterday since I've started being pretty active on here. Can't post, can't subscribe, can't reply, can't anything. What is going on?

Double checked that I'm logged in. Logged back out and in again. Still no.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I had this same issue and Phil had me log out and back in and it worked. I'm not sure if he did something to my account, or if the actual action of logging out/in fixed it.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I had this same issue and Phil had me log out and back in and it worked. I'm not sure if he did something to my account, or if the actual action of logging out/in fixed it.

I just got 6.0 today and was having the same problem so I logged out and logged back in, and now I can post! So thanks for posting that, and thanks to Phil for telling you that. :)

Posted from my Moto X Pure Edition via the Android Central App

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Tried clearing data, logging out/in, uninstall/reinstall and still unable to post in the forums or comment. Also am unable to load my subscribed forms.

Posted via the Android Central App on Nexus 7 Lollipop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463