How do you see notifications like replies and quotes to your posts on Android Central app?

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
???

I don't see it.
bc7ffebb4497296b4d70c7519dc6bbe5.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a workaround, but you could go to your account's General Settings on the main desktop site, and change the Default Thread Subscription Mode to "Instantly using Email, Push." Assuming you have your email app set to notify you for new emails, you'll at least see the emails telling you that you have a reply to a subscribed thread (although I'm not sure what the "Push" part means).

Moved this thread to the Android Central Apps forum, since that's where the developer checks for any issues that arise.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there are two apps. The one that's just called "Android Central" is the app developed by AC, which includes blog articles, videos, and the forums. The AC Forums app uses Tapatalk, and has somewhat more functionality than the Android Central app (but without the blog articles).

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
The Android Central App had been renamed then revised recently.
It was showing on the Play Store, iirc, as AC Forums Apps tips and tricks {or General something...}

It's now Android Central Tips and Apps.
The Android Central App and the AC Forums App are two different apps. The Android Central App is primarily for viewing blog posts from Android Central writers as well as reading the forums. The AC Forums App is is ONLY for the forums.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, does the AC Forums app let you read blog articles? I didn't realize that -- sorry for the bad info before!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke