Can't upload photos to forums using mobile app

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Says it can't upload photo to forums, and to check my internet connection. To which I do have. Any ideas? This has been going on since getting the S8 plus, and continues on the Note 8.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Test from V20
21e591ca422eeadcabf56b12a8e37288.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Haha! Glad it helped, mate! Yeah, I remember some people reporting problems with the other option. No idea why this should affect different phones in different ways.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This has been an ongoing problem for months. Hopefully it'll be resolved.
Both options have been working fine for me on two different phones (both Moto) with MM and Nougat. Not sure why this affects only some models. Maybe something with permissions or the stock gallery app?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was posting using the AC Forums on my Note 8 without issue using the image icon. Then I factory reset and now Im having the same problems as the OP. It's happened before but I cant remember what fixed it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I was posting using the AC Forums on my Note 8 without issue using the image icon. Then I factory reset and now Im having the same problems as the OP. It's happened before but I cant remember what fixed it.

What happens when you tap on the image icon? Can you select a pic or you get an error before that? If you get the pic selection screen tap on 'more' top right and select a different app (Photos, Gallery ...). See if it makes any difference.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I can't post photos, links, or attachments from the app. I literally don't have the buttons show up to do it, I can only do a quick reply with text and no access to copy/paste either.

Makes Android Central an annoying experience some days .

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm reviving the OP's tread, hoping that someone can help me with the same thing.

I can't find any way to attach files via a computer browser, Android Central app, or AC Forums app. –Well actually, I was finally able to upload a file via AC Forums app, but only after it prompted me to move to Chrome to do it.

When I downloaded the AC Forums app, via the suggestion in this thread, I found that a member had messenged me a week ago but I had never received a notification–and I didn't see one in the web browser interface.

Am I missing something here? I can't imagine that it's so difficult to attach files or receive messages, and I'm actually pretty tech savvy. Any help is very appreciated. Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the delay. That's strange. Have you already tried the different icons to attach a file from ACF? Do you get any specific error when you try? Just in case, check that the storage permission is enabled for the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood