So I now have numerous ads loading for every forum thread I view, really obnoxious if you ask me.

My app just updated and I assume this is why.

I understand AC needs to make money, I was fine with ads appearing between articles, but some of the threads I open contain more ads than responses. Encourages me to change what website I get my news from and stay off the forums.

I won't up and abandon AC right away, but I do feel irritated. Just the opinion of a forum regular since this is the feedback section.
    10-24-2017 08:58 PM
    So I now have numerous ads loading for every forum thread I view, really obnoxious if you ask me.

My app just updated and I assume this is why.

I understand AC needs to make money, I was fine with ads appearing between articles, but some of the threads I open contain more ads than responses. Encourages me to change what website I get my news from and stay off the forums.

I won't up and abandon AC right away, but I do feel irritated. Just the opinion of a forum regular since this is the feedback section.
    I guess you see those Ads mostly in the mobile version..?
    'cause in my case when: I open my Mobile-Gmail to view
    a reply: I've to Tap on a link, when that link open
    the Ads appears between each 2nd answer.
    I don't see in my PC too much..Bye!
    10-24-2017 09:48 PM
    Thank you for the feedback.
    10-24-2017 11:51 PM
    To add on to this - the ads on the article list are becoming intrusive. It's difficult to scroll through the article list and accurately tap on an article to read as the list refreshes to slip the ads in as they don't initially load as part of the article list, they dynamically insert themselves every 3-4 articles.
    1122334455667788 and Sam_Gs7 like this.
    10-26-2017 07:19 AM
    I'd recommend you to use the Android Central Forums app or Tapatalk to access the forums from mobile. Not exactly bug free, but much better experience than using the AC main app.
    Sam_Gs7 and Kirstein Gourlay like this.
    10-26-2017 07:58 AM
    I'd recommend you to use the Android Central Forums app or Tapatalk to access the forums from mobile. Not exactly bug free, but much better experience than using the AC main app.
    This ^^^. Cleaner experience all round.
    10-26-2017 08:40 PM
    As a point of interest - the AC Forums app is still not an option for those that use the Google-linked login.
    10-28-2017 04:38 PM
    You can also search around for an older version of the AC app. This is what I did. I installed the April 5th version of the APK. No ads.
    10-30-2017 11:40 PM
    The AC app is actually not the best solution to read the main site articles, as the adds inserted on the bottom of every article make it barely readable

01-24-2018 08:17 AM
    In the AC app you can pay for ad free. Makes a world of difference.
    01-24-2018 09:46 AM