Is anyone else having issues with removing ads on the Android Central app?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My one-year subscription to remove ads on the AC app for Android expired this month and ever since I try to renew it, I keep getting an error message. Finally managed to pay for the 3-month subscription but the ads still show up and anytime I try to simulate the payment process again, i keep getting the same error message as with the earlier one-year payment.

I have tweeted at the AC account on twitter and included screnshots but it was ignored. I am hoping to get a more favourable response here.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this to the Android Central Apps forum, to make it more visible to the site admins.

Lumute

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem, without paying for ad removal this app is unusable, even after paying you still get tons of ads disguised as news... quite a shady practice from AC, but I learned to live with those... but now I cannot even pay to remove ads abymore, get the error too...

MuggyMuggy

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem, "an error occured when you purchased the item".
Can't renew my ad removal purchase for 12 months

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So I know that this probably seems like a petty thing that I'm complaining about, but it's really bugging me. I've paid an ad free experience in the app, and the forum is still LOADED with ads. I know it's only a couple of bucks that I paid, but the principle of taking my money for a service, and then not providing it, troubles me. If I was receiving any response that it was being worked on, it may was my mind a bit. I am using a stock Galaxy note 8, if that information matters. What is the status of this situation? It's been over a month.

MuggyMuggy

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm also still getting lots of ads and I'm still unable to pay to remove them after previously having paid for 12 months
Anything going on to fix this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37