Brand new Note 9. Previously ran a Note 5 that the app ran perfectly on. Refuses to open on 9 with Oreo. I get initial screen with some message that crashes before I read the message. Numerous reports made. The ONLY app that crashes is "ANDROID CENTRAL."
    12-01-2018 08:12 AM
    Which Android Central app, ACF or the main AC app that includes the blog? Have you already tried clearing data for the app and then sign in again? If nothing works you could uninstall it and install back again.
    12-01-2018 08:17 AM
    I moved your thread to the Android Central Apps forum for better visibility.
    12-01-2018 08:17 AM
    The app from the google play store, AC-Tips & News for Android, from Mobile Nations, V3.1.5, dated Nov 14, 2018. When ever I try to run the app, it crashes and says, Android Central has stopped. Open app again (which doesn't do anything) and send feedback (Which I've done several times).
    Uninstalled, Cleared cache, reinstalled. No changes.
    Of course, I might be mistaken. I thought that the AC app was written by Android Central.
    12-02-2018 10:06 PM
    Did you also clear the app data, in addition to the app cache?
    12-03-2018 01:09 AM
    Multiple times. Deleted the app data, Uninstalled the app, rebooted, deleted the cache folder, completed reboot, reinstalled the app, attempted to log back in and I get a "Flash" about agreeing to terms and services for about 0.1 seconds and then I get "Android Central has stopped. Open app again, or Send feedback." Open app again does nothing. Apparently, neither does Send Feedback.
    I've looked in the play store and there seems to be several reviews mentioning this for the past several months. Up until recently, I was running a Note 5 under 7.1 with no problem. Recently updated to a Note 9 running 8.1.0. I haven't been on AC for a while now since my 5 was running fine. I came back to AC with my Note 9 trying to learn some of the new tricks and features. (and to see if someone is working on the silly text message tone for individuals bug on SMS.)
    12-03-2018 08:44 AM
    Hmm, that sounds frustrating. Apart from sending the feedback from the error message window and posting here, try also emailing here: apps@mobilenations.com. You're right, I do see a number of similar complaints in the Play Store reviews, so there must be some kind of glitch introduced in a recent update.
    12-03-2018 10:31 AM