08-05-2011 05:02 PM
657 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    This is the end result of loving your OG Droid so much that you'd rip it apart to save it by replacing a busted keyboard.

Sadly, its screen developed an issue where it needs to be woken up twice in quick succession to actually turn on. What a trooper!

I need more QWERTY action in my life. The Droid 3 will be my savior.
    07-28-2011 04:36 PM
    Would like to upgrade from this sorry Iphone to a real phone,
    07-28-2011 04:48 PM
    These are my workhorses, my motorola flip is held together by tape to keep the battery cover on it because i used it so much heat from the battery morphed it. The other phone is my business phone, my hero that Ive worked the buttons off of. my employees say i need to upgrade and I feel this is a good chance to do so!
    07-28-2011 04:58 PM
    The ever-so-wonderful LG Dare! It was pretty amazing for a non-smartphone back in the times of the original iphone, but alas it now needs to be plugged in to work and doesn't get reception all (most) of the time. A droid 3 would be pretty awesome as I had a droid 2 which I loved.
    07-28-2011 05:09 PM
    Well me and my friend was messing around and he punch my pocket which held my phone...
    07-28-2011 05:12 PM
    My trustworthy LG
    07-28-2011 05:14 PM
    My almost 2 year old OG Droid that's still going (kinda) strong. Battery door won't fit on anymore and the rest of the phone is littered with dings.

07-28-2011 05:16 PM
    Stupid phone.. I dropped it while trying to use the stupid virtual keyboard and this is what happened.No luck from Verizon getting a replacement

07-28-2011 05:19 PM
    My old voyager that only worked on speaker phone. Note the broken inside screen.

Sent from my DROIDX
    07-28-2011 05:20 PM
    About a month ago, my Droid Eris got to meet my cousins... and then the driveway. I don't have an upgrade until November, so I'd really appreciate a Droid 3!
    07-28-2011 05:23 PM
    Here are my old beasts.... both have screen issues... they no workie!!!. Droid 3 is leaps and bounds better than both of these phones. Please pick me
    07-28-2011 05:24 PM
    I need me some droid!

Sent from Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 05:37 PM
    My old phone. It doesn't look all that bad but it won't turn on which may have something to do with it going surfing with me once. It was a good day until i tried to call someone. I took it home and cooked it in the oven and it remarkable worked despite the salt water....for a week at least. It was my first phone so i thought it was completely awesome at the time. Plus it was a flip phone with a camera!
    07-28-2011 05:38 PM

If only this damage was from a drop... instead it was from the brilliant idea to bite my phone for a second while I did a sweet dance move.... sigh
    07-28-2011 05:41 PM
    Thanks for another contest opportunity . This use to be my baby until the front LCD cracked and suffered lots of falls and ended up not turning on anymore. This is the LG VX4400. I've tried opening it up (as you can see by the missing rubber pad when the phone is flipped open exposing a screw) to see if I can fix it but nothing worked.

Can't seem to upload it via attachments due to file size so sorry if these are too large for anybody.

Will shrink them if needed. I'm surprised these forums don't have spoiler tags...
    07-28-2011 05:46 PM
    Here is my Motorola e815. It was an awesome phone back in 2004. It was going strong until earlier this year when I dropped it. The interior screen doesn't work anymore. Only the exterior screen works. This sucks and makes dialing phone numbers a pain. I've been wanting a new phone, but just waiting for the right one! Droid 3 ftw!!!
    07-28-2011 06:01 PM
    And this is a new Motorola Droid X phone, now it can only be used for parts....I need a new phone....ARGH.........
    07-28-2011 06:12 PM

Let's face it, there are a lot of you out there with the original Motorola Droid, and it's probably starting to look a little haggard. Tell you what: We're going to give one lucky person our (mostly) brand new Motorola Droid 3. And being the benevolent bloggers that we be, let's sweeten the deal. Here's what we'll do:

• One lucky person will will our Motorola Droid 3. (You'll be on your own for Verizon's service, though.) And we'll throw in $50 worth of accessories from the Android Central Store, too.
    • One other lucky person's gonna get a $50 store certificate, plus a free Android Central T-shirt.
    • And three more of you will win Android Central T-shirts.

What do you have to do to win? Take a picture of your old and busted phone. Doesn't have to be a Motorola Droid. Could be any smartphone. Or, hell, a feature phone. So long as it's old and busted. (But don't go dragging your RAZR through the streets, ya dig?)

The post your pic in this thread.

We'll pick the winners at 5 p.m. EST Aug. 5, and announce 'em on the blog.

It's a U.S. phone, of course, but we can ship T-shirts to a number of countries, so those of you outside the U.S. won't be left out. Now take your pics, and post 'em here! Good luck!
    BENQ-Siemens, with Arabic keypad. Great memories. Can't get anymore rare than this and definitely not from the good ol' US of A. Poor # keypad broke off and stopped working due to my good friend pouring soju (Korean liquor) all over my phone. Needless to say, it was so much "fun" making automated calls. Picture attached for all to enjoy
    07-28-2011 06:19 PM
    LG Chocolate 2.0 go bye bye. It was one of my favorite phones too.
    07-28-2011 06:24 PM
    Good ol Palm Treo 700. In the last few months of it's pitiful life, it was held together by scotch tape, and I had to hold the antenna on to make a phone call.
    07-28-2011 06:32 PM
    Moto Q9! its the dumbest smart phone ever. Cant tell from pic but the whole face has been reglued numerous times. It shuts itself off and loses all the email and texts. Decides it doesnt want to ring occassionally too. Kind of a pain when its a WORK phone! Need a new one bad
    07-28-2011 06:33 PM
    This would be perfect to win because I'm switching over to Verizon from T-Mobile very soon, not to mention the Droid 3 is nice. I'm currently rocking an original Samsung Behold, which, no lie, will turn itself on, unlock itself, open the phone book, and call a random person. The phone all-around is in pretty bad shape.

07-28-2011 06:34 PM
    old blackberry i use for emergency purposes only. the trackball doesn't even work. :-(
    07-28-2011 07:10 PM

Let's face it, there are a lot of you out there with the original Motorola Droid, and it's probably starting to look a little haggard. Tell you what: We're going to give one lucky person our (mostly) brand new Motorola Droid 3. And being the benevolent bloggers that we be, let's sweeten the deal. Here's what we'll do:

• One lucky person will will our Motorola Droid 3. (You'll be on your own for Verizon's service, though.) And we'll throw in $50 worth of accessories from the Android Central Store, too.
    • One other lucky person's gonna get a $50 store certificate, plus a free Android Central T-shirt.
    • And three more of you will win Android Central T-shirts.

What do you have to do to win? Take a picture of your old and busted phone. Doesn't have to be a Motorola Droid. Could be any smartphone. Or, hell, a feature phone. So long as it's old and busted. (But don't go dragging your RAZR through the streets, ya dig?)

The post your pic in this thread.

We'll pick the winners at 5 p.m. EST Aug. 5, and announce 'em on the blog.

It's a U.S. phone, of course, but we can ship T-shirts to a number of countries, so those of you outside the U.S. won't be left out. Now take your pics, and post 'em here! Good luck!
    My Nokia died 3 days ago. This is perfect timing. I wanted to switch to Verizon because AT&T signal down here in FL is horrible.
    07-28-2011 07:11 PM
    One from the graveyard

Sent from Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 07:13 PM
657 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD