08-05-2011 05:02 PM
657 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Nothing says "Tough!" like a guy with tattoos and a pink blackberry pearl. I constantly get asked if the wearing on the phone is from my lipstick case when I put the phone in my purse.
    07-30-2011 04:50 PM
    this is my old rig
    07-30-2011 04:56 PM
    XV6800 needs replacing....
    07-30-2011 06:04 PM
    Got to love this old LG brick.
    07-30-2011 06:20 PM
    This is my enV Touch. It came out a few months before the original Droid and it was advertised as "app friendly".

They lied!

The internal screen doesn't even work anymore, so I'm stuck using the atrocious touch screen for everything. Let me put it out of it's misery!

07-30-2011 06:24 PM

Droid 1
    07-30-2011 06:26 PM
    Here's mine.. its soo bad i just leave it in the car
    07-30-2011 07:20 PM
    RIP iPhone 4
    07-30-2011 07:51 PM
    Shameless pic of my wife's Dinc that she stepped on a few days ago....
    07-30-2011 08:30 PM

Let's face it, there are a lot of you out there with the original Motorola Droid, and it's probably starting to look a little haggard. Tell you what: We're going to give one lucky person our (mostly) brand new Motorola Droid 3. And being the benevolent bloggers that we be, let's sweeten the deal. Here's what we'll do:

• One lucky person will will our Motorola Droid 3. (You'll be on your own for Verizon's service, though.) And we'll throw in $50 worth of accessories from the Android Central Store, too.
    • One other lucky person's gonna get a $50 store certificate, plus a free Android Central T-shirt.
    • And three more of you will win Android Central T-shirts.

What do you have to do to win? Take a picture of your old and busted phone. Doesn't have to be a Motorola Droid. Could be any smartphone. Or, hell, a feature phone. So long as it's old and busted. (But don't go dragging your RAZR through the streets, ya dig?)

The post your pic in this thread.

We'll pick the winners at 5 p.m. EST Aug. 5, and announce 'em on the blog.

It's a U.S. phone, of course, but we can ship T-shirts to a number of countries, so those of you outside the U.S. won't be left out. Now take your pics, and post 'em here! Good luck!
    The front screen was broken before phil mentioned breaking razrs, I swear.
    07-30-2011 09:19 PM
    I attempted to repair my droid which had a broken LCD.... Japanese Industrial standard screws that were glued in place eventually halted my repair when they stripped... was a sad day

(click for bigger image)
    Attachment 12799
    07-30-2011 10:24 PM
    I'm ready to get rid of the tired, old and slow crackberry with the paint peeling off the keys!

07-30-2011 11:08 PM
    This phone is a Samsung FlipShot SCH-U900 that has a swiveling display that can rotate except that it is broken so it is hanging on for dear life. Droid3 ftw! ... Please pretty please! n_n
    07-31-2011 12:55 AM
    A mildly taped Nokia from back in the day
    07-31-2011 01:06 AM
    Somone should have told me 6300 to hang on the the car roof when I left it there! My first foray into an internet capable phone served me well but I need to step up a gear!
    07-31-2011 01:23 AM
    This good ol' boy has worked well . Got it on 8/2/09 before I knew much about android or AC, soooo my contract is almost up. It's my [HTC] Dream to win this phone lol. Sadly the screen only works when the keyboard is in the out position. If it's closed I have to take the battery out, S, D, W, J, L, N, M, Alt and Space keys only work half the time. I really want this beauty you got up for grabs!

UPDATE: My LG Optimus T that I used on the side was stolen Wednesday night so I'm down to this broken Dream lol.
    07-31-2011 01:25 AM
    I don't think I really stand a chance against some of these, but why not?
    Mine's an OG Droid that I dropped two times, in succession, onto a metal grate at Disneyland the first week of ownership. This scuffed it up pretty badly, and made my headphone jack loose, so the slightest movement of the phone causes tons of static noise (and then usually the phone thinks the headset has come unplugged and stops whatever I'm listening to.) The camera button long ago lost it's gold coloring. And the back, after sliding the phone out, is a real mess (and makes it hard to slide the keyboard out, so I usually don't).
    Unfortunately, the phone must be built too solid to have the cracked screens that others have shown here, but it's definitely showing its age, and with another 8 months on my VZW contract, I'm pretty much stuck with it.
    07-31-2011 02:05 AM
    My Mobile Device Lineage --pic taken w the OG Droid Camera

Moto i90 :: Moto i95 :: HTC Wizard 8125
    yes, they all still work very well. I take particularly good care of my phones.
    07-31-2011 02:26 AM
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-C...731_061446.jpg

I proposed to my girlfriend and she was so shocked she dropped her Iphone! She said yes of course but i want to use the opportunity for her to try an android phone out instead of IOS, PLease help me convert her!
    07-31-2011 05:27 AM
    Motorola C450, 2 x MPx200 and MPx220, only one missing is the Motorola CD920 from 1998, I gave it to my little brother to play with it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    07-31-2011 06:07 AM
    Whats better than a broken iPhone?
    07-31-2011 09:13 AM
    The T-Mobile G1 is the very FIRST consumer Android phone. Its a collectors item. the phone that launched a thousand websites, phones, app developers ect...
    07-31-2011 11:10 AM
    Its my mothers birthday and parents anniversary coming up. my dad has a decent phone (chocolate touch) but this is my mom's phone. the lcd is destroyed so the screen doesnt work except for the upper few pixels. the camera is broken because it displays everything in green. there is a chunk missing and the slider is mostly broken. the only thing this phone does is calls (and thats without seeing the number being dialed). she really needs a new phone and this would be perfect. I NEED THIS....PLEASE
    cannot add pictures because of the stupid security tokens
    07-31-2011 11:50 AM

My Samsung SCH-i760.

It fell of the top of my car going about 70mph. Then was run over by the tire of an MDOT lawn mower. I hold the battery using a combination of painters and electrical tape.
    07-31-2011 11:51 AM

Let's face it, there are a lot of you out there with the original Motorola Droid, and it's probably starting to look a little haggard. Tell you what: We're going to give one lucky person our (mostly) brand new Motorola Droid 3. And being the benevolent bloggers that we be, let's sweeten the deal. Here's what we'll do:

• One lucky person will will our Motorola Droid 3. (You'll be on your own for Verizon's service, though.) And we'll throw in $50 worth of accessories from the Android Central Store, too.
    • One other lucky person's gonna get a $50 store certificate, plus a free Android Central T-shirt.
    • And three more of you will win Android Central T-shirts.

What do you have to do to win? Take a picture of your old and busted phone. Doesn't have to be a Motorola Droid. Could be any smartphone. Or, hell, a feature phone. So long as it's old and busted. (But don't go dragging your RAZR through the streets, ya dig?)

The post your pic in this thread.

We'll pick the winners at 5 p.m. EST Aug. 5, and announce 'em on the blog.

It's a U.S. phone, of course, but we can ship T-shirts to a number of countries, so those of you outside the U.S. won't be left out. Now take your pics, and post 'em here! Good luck!
    Crappy old work phone!
    07-31-2011 01:10 PM
657 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD