08-05-2011 05:02 PM
657 ... 2223242526 ...
    screen works but keyboard is dead.

Attachment 13198
    08-05-2011 11:16 AM
    I fell on the chocolate 3 while skating. It was my excuse to get the Droid 2, the Droid 2 met it's match when I found out it had a locked bootloader (jk)

My brother actually borrowed it, and left it on a car. I came home to him saying "I found a bug in the new ROM you flashed" I came over and my jaw dropped. Androids have been a little short in our house now.

Granted, I take better care of my smartphones when they're in my possesion now I'm not so inclined to share them anymore
    08-05-2011 11:17 AM
    This is a great contest. My phone is near totally dysfuntional although it looks ok. Which is still no good to me because software wipe etc have not helped and i have no options with Sprint at the moment which has pushed me to the end of my rope.

Going for Verizon which is a plus with the contest. My worry though is that because my phone does not appear busted that i'll be rulled out.

My issue is hardware/software related internal.
    08-05-2011 11:18 AM
    I got the very original HTC Dream G1. the reason why you can see the status bar but the screen is all black is because there is at least a 1-minute lag whenever I open up an app. and my G1 is also about twice as thick as the original because I had to put an extended battery in there....and this one still doesnt even last a whole day!
    08-05-2011 11:18 AM
    Old pre....the same off as it is on....dead...same as palm
    08-05-2011 11:19 AM
    My scratched up enV touch with horrible battery life. The spring in the clip broke so I had to put packaging tape on the back to hold the battery in.
    08-05-2011 11:22 AM
    Sprint contract is month to month and my dog has clearly eaten my phone, I swear that happened over a year ago. All the phone has been doing since it was eaten is vibrate & I can make calls. No screen, no ringer, no texts. I'm planning on switching to Verizon anyway and get the droid 3.
    08-05-2011 11:22 AM
    In the Great Smokey National Mountains, left it on the roof of my car, skidded off into street (It was totally OK! ). Then, as I waited for it to be safe to retrieve, a van thought I needed some kind of assistance (since I was in the road), and turned. When he turned he ran over my phone.
    Battery was pierced, and exploded. I cleaned out the broken glass and I've been using it since. Still works, as you can see. Physical keyboard kind of works, no tactile feedback. Really weird quirks in software, too. I guess I should it's mostly usable. Half of my calls need to be restarded b/c the mic is messed up one way or another.

I simply don't have the extra money for a new phone, and it's been my main form of internet for a while now!
    08-05-2011 11:28 AM
    the left one took a dip in my beer(wont turn on at all) the right one had a close encounter with a bar stool in whilst in my back pocket :/

luckily i have my work phone(which i limit use of in order to avoid gettin in trouble for "over usage")

been patiently waiting for funds to get a new phone :/ (as a plus i have verizon sooooo )
    08-05-2011 11:34 AM
    It's a few years old, the screen is cracked, the trackball moves like a rusty valve, and it's pink. I'm a 30 year old guy. I needs me an upgrade but I'm broke lol.

08-05-2011 11:34 AM
    HELP!!!!! I can not believe this finally died on me. I am not a fan of typing on screen so I really could use the keyboard. RIP BB 8130.........
    08-05-2011 11:36 AM
    My OG Droid, doesn't turn on anymore..
    08-05-2011 11:36 AM
    The Samsung SCH-i760. It got bricked in the process of updating to Windows Phone 6.1... A Droid 3 would be a fitting replacement for this tired old phone. A true touch screen instead of stylus driven, seems like a dream come true Please send it my way!

- Seth
    08-05-2011 11:39 AM
    Our phone was dropped, and the neighborhood dog found it. He took a couple of bites on it and broke off part of the * key , and popped the battery out. Then he took a couple more bites on it. The phone sat out all night and we had to dry it out because of the dew.

The phone still works, but it would be great to get a new phone.
    08-05-2011 11:46 AM
    I would love an upgrade. I'm a 34 year old dude using a purple BB Curve.
    08-05-2011 11:58 AM
    Don't laugh when you see this... And don't laugh about the fact that I'm still using it.. I've just been holding out, okay?!?! You can laugh - I'm just kidding.

So................ Who remembers this bad boy???

BTW - It was in great shape until a few weeks ago. Sadly, it was ran over. At least it still works.
    08-05-2011 12:00 PM
    Believe it or not, that isn't glare or water damage on the screen. Last week, I was using my 2+ years-old Motorola Droid when the phone suddenly became very hot. Next thing I know, some sort of smoky myst started crawling up the inside of the LCD screen from the bottom left corner. Within minutes the screen was dead. I have no idea what happened, but I'm beginning to think that the movie "The Myst" is not a B-list horror movie but actually a documentary...

08-05-2011 12:04 PM
    Samsung I700 with 256mb/WiFi SD card.
    08-05-2011 12:07 PM
    stuck glued open, the wife carries it around like that
    TJNooker likes this.
    08-05-2011 12:12 PM
    Here is the wonderful Palm Centro in all its glory! Prior to the screen cracking, you could dial out on the phone but it would never connect. You could also answer incoming calls but they could never be picked up and heard. RIP Palm!
    08-05-2011 12:14 PM
    My wife's been wanting to get a new phone and has been anxiously awaiting the Merge on Verizon, but it seems that that will never be available. Unlike a lot of the other posts, SHE STILL USES THIS EVERYDAY AS HER PRIMARY PHONE! It's a Moto V750 DUMB phone. Winning the Droid 3 would make her so happy to actually be able to get a smart phone! Plus, this one's getting pretty beat by our 1 and 2 year old boys.
    08-05-2011 12:17 PM
    I've had this one for quite some time now and surprisingly still works, even after all the falls and abuse it's been put through.
    08-05-2011 12:20 PM
    Attachment 13241

My old Pantech Matrix... Dropped it... A lot. Works after three years, but barely. Screen scratched a ton! Texts don't always send. Contacts get messed up. It restarts sometimes. I've been wanting an Android for a year and a half! Thanks for the giveaway! (And yes this is my only cell phone... I use it as my daily driver for texts and sometimes calls)
    08-05-2011 12:20 PM
    Dropped this Eris while driving; it made me a die hard droid fan even though it sucked hard. Slowest droid ever made. Went back to see if it still worked and it didn't :/
    08-05-2011 12:21 PM
    ive been wanting to get on the android train for awhile now and this phone seems like a great time to do it.

p.o.s. iphone 3gs hold button doesn't work, screen is broken in bottom left, and the whole front detaches from the body. what a disaster!
    08-05-2011 12:21 PM
657 ... 2223242526 ...