[Closed] Keep warm & functional with smarTouch gloves - 2 pairs available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle Haag

I work here.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
smartouch.jpg
It's winter in our neck of the woods. Well, not mine, specifically because I live in Arizona. But for much of the world, it's cold and snowy and wet and that means that everyone is bundled up to stay warm. The only problem is? how do you use your smartphone or tablet if you have gloves on? If you have a smartphone with a keyboard you may be able to navigate ok, but if you have a touchscreen, you're pretty much out of luck if you're wearing gloves.

Isotoner has a solution. They have a line of gloves called smarTouch that are designed to work with your smartphone or tablet. They are water repellent, with a non-slip palm and fingers, made with Lycra fiber so the gloves fit snugly and stretch just when you need them to. While all of that is neat, the best feature of these gloves is right at the tip of your fingers, or to be specific, your thumb and index fingers. Here you'll find they have embroidered the tips with a special conductive thread that conveys an electrical impulse to the touchscreen, allowing you to scroll, select, and type without having to remove your gloves and freeze your fingers off.

isotonerac.jpg
Bla1ze (aka Chris Parsons) and I both took these gloves for a spin, and found them to work well on a variety of touchscreens, from tablets to phones to ATMs! They fit well and were really comfortable to wear. I really loved how mine looked (in Tron-like teal and black) and Bla1ze -- being in Canada where it's cold -- loved that they kept his hands nice and warm and fit really nicely. We agreed that it may prove difficult to type out lengthy emails on a small screen, but for shorter messages, browsing, reading Twitter or Facebook, checking in to Foursquare, and things such as that, the smarTouch gloves were great. And of course on larger screens such as tablets they work awesome.

Isotoner has the smarTouch gloves available for men and women in a variety of colors and styles including leather, knit, and fleece, lined/unlined, and more. You can check out all the styles, order gloves for yourself or that tech addict in your life, and find stores near you that sell them. I'm sure we all know some smartphone or tablet lovers out there that would be super happy to find these in their stocking on Christmas morning!

We have 2 pairs of smarTouch gloves to give away this week, courtesy of Isotoner! To enter, leave a comment below letting us know why you need these in your life or a particular time these gloves would have come in 'handy'. We'll choose 2 lucky winners Sunday night at midnight PST, so get your entries in! (The winners will each get to pick which style and color they prefer.)

Jon_shiflett

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Keep warm & functional with smarTouch gloves - 2 pairs availa

I need these up here in Michigan. They look good and I need to have access to my phone in the cold. Taking my gloves off or using fingerless gloves is lame.

bawolfe

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I will be moving back to Indiana from Kenya in January. I'm not sure my fingers will survive the 80+ degree temperature drop without some protection! (giving up constant use of my phone is not an option)

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Going on a trip soon to see some snow... This would drive my girlfriend bat-$hit crazy if I'm playing on my phone during the trip.

Pelide

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

The weather forecast for my city is "Snow from 28th December" and they look great with my GS2 :)

aj34

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

they look nice and warm and my hands are always cool as ice

nate3382

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
These would be great to go with my new Nexus, it's always freezing here in Ohio and removing my gloves to text is annoying.

tgaskill

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

I'd love to have these for when I go biking in the cold. It's always a pain to take off my gloves to skip through songs and reply to texts.

dunner87

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

I live in Cleveland and take the bus every day. So while I wait for the bus, I either have to risk frostbite so I can use my phone, or just stand around being bored while I keep my gloves on and my hands warm. So naturally, these gloves would be the perfect solution!

ZipKicker

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site

I could use these because I work outside, in Cleveland and Buffalo...nuff said :)

themusicmonkey

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

This would come in handy for phone usage, while I am resting from snowboarding or skiing. It's impossible, otherwise, to use a phone AND keep my hands warm.

jms67

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site

Here in Philly it's always a little colder this time of year and waiting for the bus/trolly would be much easier and more comfortable with a decent pair of gloves that I didn't have to take off every time I needed to check something on my phone.

Sproutz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Man i need those. Were supposed to have one of the top 5 worst winters ever. When its -20 celsius and im 28ft in the air i don't really wanna take off my gloves to use my galaxy S2.

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Best idea ever, I don't need these because I currently live in Florida (which is going to change in 5 months). I travel to cold places but I'm never there for more than two weeks, I just wanted to say how awesome these are.

lmloiselle517

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Although it's a balmy 53 degrees now, it's going to be getting quite cold in the not too distant future. Removing a glove to use the phone is a PITA! :(

Great Idea!
Kudos, Isotoner!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11