08-28-2012 10:25 PM
127 ... 3456
    Since I haven't seen many gif's i decided to create this image. Lloyd is sitting back relaxing and enjoying a jellybean!
    If I were lucky enough to win this I would use it to teach my daughter. She is starting kindergarten and this would be perfect to teach her letters, numbers and reading.
    BasPilot likes this.
    08-19-2012 10:49 PM
    Using a bunch of chalk and 2 1/2 hours of our time my two friends and I drew an 11ft tall Lloyd on my driveway! And the reason I would want a new Galaxy Note 10.1 to use at school for various entertainment as well as educational purposes! I am always looking for new ways to better my educational experience and I think a new tablet would be a huge benefit.

Lloyd the Droid Chalk Art - Imgur

Took a photo today since the contest was lengthened! He looks just as awesome in the daylight ;]

akts, Chocu1a and Kimono Skunk like this.
    08-19-2012 10:53 PM
    Lloyd's expressions o_O ^_^ -_-

It was pretty hard coming up with a theme for Lloyd. I took me a while and all the ideas I had just didnt seem right. Then I had gotten a video from a friend and made one of these o_O faces. Thats when it hit me that it would be interesting to see Lloyd texting too along with his reactions, so thats what I did. I think this is a great peice because anyone can use their imagination to write a description for what he could be thinking. I Drew this on my Tablet using the Sketchbook Mobile App. Also I sent it to my computer and added a bit more contrast to really bring out the colors.
    BasPilot likes this.
    08-19-2012 10:59 PM
    sorry my nexus 7 was not letting me upload picture, so it is public on G+ under Juan e Curiel thnx AC
    08-19-2012 11:10 PM
    A lot of excellent entires so far.. Stiff competition! Here is my submission.
    It was done with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CS5, along with a Wacom Intuos4 tablet.

My inspiration draws from being with Android since Donut (Sorry Cupcake and earlier!), and a lover of Google in general. What better way to show my devotion, than making a Google Doodle of the versions of Android that I have had the pleasure of using?!

My other part of inspiration is obviously the fact that the Note 10.1 is really geared towards Content CREATION and not just consumption. Being an aspiring graphic designer, I have been on the fence for a very long time,wondering which tablet would be best for me - and without a doubt, all of my desires have been answered with what the Note 10.1 can accomplish. With the Note, I would have true mobile access to work with clients, rather than having to lug around a laptop and drawing tablet, etc.

I hope this entry deems fit for such a stellar prize.
    Thanks, as always, AC!
    08-19-2012 11:25 PM
    Man, lotta good pictures so far. Really wish I'd noticed this before today, I'd have liked to have had more than an hour to whip this up, but here's my submission:

Yep, it's punk@ss Lloyd throwing down a sick Indy grab! haha. Please excuse the quality, all I had was a sharpie pen and some Crayola colored pencils, since all my art stuff got stolen, but I'll get to that.

Why I'd LOVE to win:

I work in a tattoo studio (hence all of Lloyd's new tattoos) and I've been wanting a tablet to draw on for MONTHS, but can't afford one because my girlfriend's got to have jaw surgery to correct her TMJ (basically, she can only open her mouth less than half of what she should be able to). Like I touched on above, I recently had my backpack stolen, along with my laptop, iPod (good riddance though, right), and all my painting/drawing supplies. So, a tablet would not only help replace the hundreds of dollars I've spent on supplies (or the even larger amount of electronics), it would give me a way to communicate with clients besides my GNex. A nice, illustration friendly tablet could, honestly, change the entire way I make a living.

EDIT: Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. Wish I'd taken the time to see that this ends at 12 PST, which means I still had 2-ish hours! I wasn't happy with my shading at all, but was (mistakenly) crunched for time. Oh well, we'll see. Best of luck to everyone!
    08-19-2012 11:52 PM
    Hey I managed to uploaded through the AC forums app, thnx again AC! This is Lloyd drawn on my nexus 7 with the Markers app! Enjoy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    08-20-2012 12:18 AM
    Hi I am an industrial designer, concept artist and a comic book artist. I use my HTC Flyer for conceptural work everyday. I am hoping to replace my under powered, aging tablet. If I win this, I'll surely put it to good use.

My entries are all done in HTC Flyer Sketchbook Pro. Both ideas are related to the works that I have done professionally.

Thanks for looking, whether I win it or not, I really appreciate Android Central puts all these creative induviduals in the center stage, and show the world the kind of creativity can be done with Android tablets.

"Talent is worthless without hard work."
    Posting from Galaxy S 3
    08-20-2012 12:48 AM
    Originally I purchased an ipad with the intention of being able to use it for art. I love making art, and I typically draw people and portraits. I purchased several different types of stylus including the adonit jot pro. However, I have found it an exercise in frustration to make anything close to what I was used to making on paper. I've had an iphone since the iphone 3g came out, and I preordered the ipad when it was announced. Since then I started working for Verizon, and being around phones all day I started to pick up android device and play with the new phones. I have come to realize that, for me, android is a superior operating system. My contract on my iphone is up at the end of september and I plan on upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S3 (which has finally received a unlock tool for the verizon bootloader!), and would love to have this tablet to go with it.
    Anyway, about the art. I attempted to create a scene where someone is using a tablet in a life drawing class. As I drew this I realized how frustrating the ipad was to draw on, so you're left with my rough sketch, but I hope it's enough! Thanks for the chance to win this beautiful tablet!
    Attachment 35048
    08-20-2012 12:49 AM
    I drew this on my Nexus 7 using Sketchbook.
    I just wanted to make Lloyd badass and Droid-like.
    I'm pretty new to the forums. I hope people like it!
    Oh, and I would love a Note 10.1 because I have a Wacom slate and I LOVE it! And if the functionality of the pen were on a tablet, that would make all of my wildest dreams come true! Siiiigh.
    08-20-2012 12:53 AM
    Hi, I'm a student from Indonesia, and I was really excited since this competition opened globally..

This is my fan art, titled "Meanwhile, on the afternoon train"
    There is Lloyd enjoying his afternoon on a train with his Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, he's playing games, watching movie, and listening for some good music while the train ride him home..

I use my 7-inches Indonesia's local brand tablet called Advan Vandroid T1C (froyo), with Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile and PicSay Pro app..

I'm a fan of Samsung, and I hope this Galaxy Note 10.1 will be my first Samsung's tablet..

I hope you like my work.. thank you very much ^^

thank you for this extended entry time, I put some details here and there, hope it looks better now..
    thank you again, Android Central ^^
    08-20-2012 12:55 AM
    Woah jusy saw this, so I drew a little picture of Lloyd.
    My inspiration was Doctor Who, and how Lloyd is one of a kind in the Universe, always amazing.
    I drew it with a pencil and paper. Didnt know any good programs for my Droid 4, but the Tablet looks amazing for creativity!

Doctor Lloyd:
    08-20-2012 01:58 AM
    I want this for my brother who is deciding between android or iPad, I drew this on my g tab 10.1
    08-20-2012 02:00 AM
    08-20-2012 02:06 AM
    Update #2 - I'm extending the entry time a bit, so you have until Monday afternoon to get your entry in. If the thread is closed, the contest is over. Great job so far everyone!
    08-20-2012 04:43 AM
    " Lloyd! See what i've made for you! Sorry for the basic painting as this is what all i could do on my poor JAVA Phone
    Anyways i hope you would like it Lloyd ! "

Inspiration: I just hate the lines of Steve Jobs on Android in his biography.

If i win this contest, i'll gift it to my brother! He doesn't have a Droid (mee too!)

Thanks for the opportunity AC
    08-20-2012 07:12 AM
    I went to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 launch event in NY and they had a raffle contest going on. 10 winners were to be chosen during the concert event and it was painful when I'd heard my first name and then it was followed by someone elses last name.

It'd be awesome to have a legit Android tablet. As much as I love my HP Touchpad w/ CM9, an Android tablet-- especially one with a stylus -- would be perfect.

One of my drawings is marker and ink, the other I'd done with my fingers in Sketchbook Mobile on the Touchpad.
    chinkyizza and Jasonzilla like this.
    08-20-2012 08:49 AM
    Did this with photoshop, trying to create some epic feeling.
    akts likes this.
    08-20-2012 10:31 AM
    The only clear choice! Been watching the Presidential race and figured we need a third candidate! I used Photoshop and just want a tablet.
    ChromeJob likes this.
    08-20-2012 11:09 AM
    I thought Lloyd could use some worthy adventurers as bffs, and who better than Finn and Jake!

I drew this on my GNex using the Markers app, but think I could have done better with the same app on a Galaxy Note 10.1!

If I were to win, it would be my first time winning something tangible AND my first tablet! I would use it for my pdf textbooks in class at the University and to make more awesome drawings of Finn and Jake (and Lloyd).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    08-20-2012 11:23 AM
    This is my (very quick) version of Lloyd planting the Android Flag in the Tablet Wars of 2012.

(--Black Sharpie on card stock, scanned and colored in Photoshop) Lots of great entries!

ChromeJob likes this.
    08-20-2012 11:40 AM
    This is Lloyd handing me the Samsung Tablet. I created it on my One S with no stylus.
    08-20-2012 12:19 PM
    The whole android community can bring an end to the 'i' devices and services together. And Android Open Source Project is the future
    Attached Thumbnails Draw Lloyd fan art and you could win a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1!-note_3_02.jpg   Draw Lloyd fan art and you could win a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1!-note_4_01.jpg  
    alicef207 likes this.
    08-20-2012 12:59 PM
    Very cool.
    08-20-2012 01:51 PM
    Thought i'd have a go at drawing - if only i had a Galaxy Note 10.1 to draw it on! Lloyd in protest to bring down Apple.
    parthpatels007 likes this.
    08-20-2012 02:15 PM
127 ... 3456