[Closed] Draw Lloyd fan art and you could win a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphious

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Draw Lloyd fan art and you could win a Samsung Galaxy Note 10

With the advent of NASA using Android on Mars (How does NASA keep time on Mars? With an Android app of course! | Android Central) and the AndroidCentral competition, I have drawn this picture. I wanted to reflect "sky's the limit", when infact, Lloyd and Android is spreading far and wide! I want to add to the numerous and also fantastic Lloyd Fan Art. I just hope I am in with a chance to win one of my very own Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

I want to win, because I have never won anything before, except a pen i think it was. I want to use the S Pen to continue my drawings as I am limited but not hindered from using my Galaxy Nexus (Check my Draw Something album). I would like a tablet of my own (and this awesome one) to help with my university studies. I also think it will be another tool to help me tell others and spread Android to the world with "no Evil" (Dont be evil) :)

This picture is owned by me and I promise that it was created by me using the Android app "Drawing Square" (Takami Corporation) on my brother's Acer Iconia A500

Thank you

15israellai

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Be it fragmentation or variety, Android is a unity of thousands of devices!
Here I come with a hand-made portrait of Lloyd composed of a large assortment of Android devices!
I created this using Photoshop of course, but I wonder if it's possible to do something similar in Photoshop Touch.
Why I want to win the tablet? Well I am a wild note-taking person and I write stuff on literally every piece of paper I can find. I always wish I had some way to organise my notes (yea, I never manage to find these notes again) but I prefer writing to typing. Therefore I'd love to have this powerful, useful behemoth! Sounds like a godsend when it comes to productivity and learning.
Also, as a musician, it goes without saying that I'd rather have a tablet than print out every single score I try, since I don't have one. It'd surely help with my composing homework as well.
Not to mention laughing at my friend with a new ipad.

Last edited:

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Lloyd is "The One", battling the evil machines which have brainwashed and enslaved humanity, forcing them to live in a tightly controlled alternate reality.

The "Bullet Time" scene in the Matrix is one of my favorite movie effects/scenes, and it seemed like a fitting analogy between Android and iOS, so I couldn't help recreating it with our favorite little Robot as the hero.

I'd love to win the Galaxy Note so I can give my Nook Color to my son and stop worrying about him writing all over it with markers and sticking play dough on the screen all the time!

theone.jpg

Last edited:

kflate

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's mine! I thought of Lloyd sneaking up on a city by night and broadcasting Android goodness to its denizens from a high perch..

I drew this entirely on my Nexus 7 using Autodesk sketchbook and a cheap capacitative stylus.. pressure sensitivity would be so nice :)

skybuild

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site

My inspiration came from the fact that i watch alot of green lantern with my little bro, did it by hand because i don't have a tablet yet lol :) and i just mixed it up with de whole Samsung vs. Apple deal :) i LOVE android, i live in the dominican republic and i've always been a fan of AndroidCentral im an architect student so i would really REALLY enjoy a galaxy note 10.1 for my notes and sketches :) hope you like my idea.

roberttk1967

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

It's Summer we have a new Galaxy Note, and Lloyd wanted to chill but I was stuck in my cubical, so he decided to take matters into his own arms (hands) and take a dip in his new Galaxy Note 10.1 with all of it's Android Greatness.

My inspiration was thinking if I was Lloyd what would I want to do. I started out with a sketch on a piece of paper to come up with the basic idea. I then moved to my Galaxy Tab 10.1 to see if I could create it all in Adobe PS Touch. I have only used the program to do some basic photo editing before, but this gave me a great opportunity to see how far I could push it.

Then came the hard part. My daughters had borrowed my stylist and lost it so I was going to have to draw the whole thing with my finger. All the pictures except for the tropical one I put on the calendar were shot with my VIbrant or Tab. I took a picture of me holding my tablet and then used the warp tool to lay on the Note 10.1 screen. Another challenge of using PS Touch is it only allows 15 layers, so as I was drawing I had to keep merging parts together. All in all I was pretty impressed with the app that I was able to do as many things (I thought I was going to have to do on my PC). The entire thing was created in PS Touch. Great way to learn how to use it. Took about 4-5 hours.

Had some extra time so I did an adaptation of the original where Lloyd is hanging on for dear life after I got tired of holding up his Note Pool. :)

I really want the Galaxy Note 10.1 so that I can start using the S-Pen and Wacom features to create my art, so I don't have to rely on the computer as much and can benefit from the split screen that my Tab can't do.

Hope you all like it.

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited:

Mas21

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I made the space one using spray paint (except for a few details on Lloyd). I took and slightly cropped the picture with my Gnex (Toro). The spray painting is called "The Center of the Mobile Universe." I had to create stencils for Lloyd and the logos. I simply sprayed on the Windows and Blackberry logos after the painting was done. Lloyd and the Apple logos were done in a similar fashion as creating planets in spray paint art. For anyone looking for a new hobby, I strongly recommend that you look up "how to" videos on spray paint art. Youtube has plenty of great tutorials that will help you get started. It is easy to start and learn but difficult to master (I am definitely still working on it).

I have attached 2 more pictures (before and after). I drew this by hand and sent it to my Gnex where I continued to use PicsArt to painstakingly color it in. It was a pain to use my finger on the smaller screen (than a tablet) to try and color. My finger would even start to burn. So another reason I would love to own a Galaxy Note 10.1. I call this one "What Competition" due to windows will break, apples and blackberries will rot but Lloyd will continue on.

I would like the Galaxy Note 10.1 primarily for media purposes as well as exploring the contributions of the development community. I am also very interested to see how well the S pen works and would love try the ensuing applications it will bring to the market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (CM10 Nightly) using Android Central Forums (edited using my laptop)

Last edited:

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Here are our entries. the first is called ( Even Lloyd Can't Resist the S pen and Note 10.1. The second is Lloyd enjoying the podcast and Jerrie's great information while he draws himself ripping crApple apart. Both of these were done by my wife. (The D in snDplace) She loves to draw and is very artistic. We came up with these ideas on Friday and she spent all day yesterday working on them. I told her we only needed one but she wanted to do both. I would love to win this for her because I feel she deserves it. Good luck to all who entered but more to me :)

tommydaniel

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Used Markers to create Lloyd and the Apple and used Picsay Pro to insert the drawings.
Xc7Dj.jpg

Ricardo_C

May 11, 2012
Visit site

For the first drawing I was inspired by all the legal battles between Android and Apple. The second drawing was inspired by reading about the Galaxy Note 10.1 and my Galaxy S III. It is basically Lloyd surfing the web on a Galaxy Note 10.1.

I drew it the old fashion way (paper and pencil).

Basically I would like something to replace my old Dell Laptop and I think Galaxy Note 10.1 would work out nicely. :cool:

tjhop4292

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

My entry!

Drawing style inspiration: All credit for inspiration goes to reddit member sh*tty_watercolour!
EDIT: I can't link to his reddit account page because of the profanity filter =(

Subject inspiration: Lloyd is giving me the note 10.1, duh. He feels I should win because hopefully having a nice large tablet with an awesome pen will help me draw less crappily. XP

But for realsies, the note would help a ton with school, it would be great to have for easily diagramming relationships and flow of ideas for programming. and of course, tons of fun!

Drawn in about 3 minutes on my galaxy nexus with sketchbook =D

Last edited:

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

This picture is to show my love for Lloyd and is inspired by the movie "Despicable Me". I used the Android app "PicsArt - Photo Studio" to create this picture on my Galaxy Nexus using the broad range of painting tools, clip art, and photo effects in the app. I really want the Galaxy Note 10.1 because I’m about to start studying for the CFA Exam and the print version of the study guides and practice exams are around $600, while you can get them in PDF format for less than $50. Being able to virtually interact with this material in a more natural way (with the S Pen) will allow me to replace the print version of these materials with the electronic version. Doing so will not only save me hundreds of dollars, but will also provide the increased portability and coolness factor of using a tablet. Thank you for your consideration, may the odds be ever in my favor!

ROMEOMAFIA

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

Did Lloyd relaxing enjoying a apple or two. The android is very unique and I like it's personality lately. Drew this on paper and scan and uploaded to my pc. Wanted the drawing to be simple and creative.

I want the Galaxy Note, because I would like to use it for my entertainment needs. Think is packs a punch.

DroidArt.jpg

honkfrog

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

Hey,
I used MyPaint for this fun cartoon.
A lot of postings include some symbol of Apple, but I'm not focusing on them. Android is for people that "do". That's why I put Lloyd in a space ship; exploring with his technological enhancements.
I'm really excited about the Galaxy Note 10.01; having a pressure-sensitive stylus in addition to finger input is a huge step forward in functionality for a tablet computer.
Cheers

Cheetah23

May 23, 2011
Visit site

My homage to Lloyd and all that is Android. An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but an Android a day is always the right way to play.

plstryagin

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

I've been really interested in this tablet to try it out for field sketching and digital painting. Apparently Lloyd heard me talking and decided to try it out first. Unfortunately, it appears he got a little confused on his way to the lake...

Sadly, I am entirely tablet-less. So I made my entry using ArtRage on my laptop.

Big-A-Rob

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I drew Lloyd, drawing a portrait of himself on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using the awesome S pen. I drew this using Sketchbook on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with a stylus. I really want to win the Note 10.1 because I am a huge fan of using a stylus on my tab and even my phone, but the stylus user experience on the Tab 10.1 is far from ideal and the Note 10.1 was made for people like myself!

CyberPackRat

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Spent a long time working on these. My inspiration for the first entry stems from the fact that Lloyd has that hip hop swagger going on. He appears to break dance & strikes a gansta' pose, so surely he can scratch a record like a mutha' lover. DJ Lloyd rockin' the house and raising the roof. Who needs a Nexus Q when you got DJ Lloyd spinning the tunes.

HeyDjLloyd.gif

My son and I both worked on this. Winning the Galaxy Note 10.1 would be almost as cool as DJ Lloyd himself. It is impossible to put in words how completely awesome it would be. But needless to say my family would totally enjoy it and it would make our year. We are a creative bunch, and the Galaxy Note 10.1 would surely help when it comes to fleshing out ideas. Also we have never owned a tablet before. The G-Note smartphone is the closes thing to one. The 10.1 note looks to be incredibly cool, especially with the S-Pen and that HUGE screen. So cool. Speaking of cool stuff check out this t-shirt we had made based on our original design. You won't find this in stores, on-line, or anywhere. If that doesn't say fan, then I don't know what does.

20120819_225908.jpg

Effectively that is Fan Art entry #2. It is a reverse silhouette with a minimalist feel which felt was best for a t-shirt design. Entry #1 was reworked to make the android more Lloyd like. Thicker antennae and color. All done painstakingly in Power Point. (Joints for arms and legs are fully rotatable and is almost a 1:1 match with the official Android mascot by Google.)

In the near future I hope to create a live wallpaper based on the DJ Lloyd / Android with flashing lights and better animation.

[UPDATE]
Since the contest was extended I took the time to finish up an idea I had, using only Android (save for some cropping). ComicBook! (on the Google Play Store), S Memo, and Rage Comic Maker, and the Android Web Browser to grab a picture of the "iSheep" from the Samsung commercial. Little easter egg is the paraphrased quote from on-going Apple vs Samsung lawsuit. I had one more entry idea, but I worked 3 12 hour shifts this weekend so I was pressed for time. Without my son's help, none of the previous entries would have been possible. The last one is all mine and look forward to showing my son the comic when he gets home from school.

The inspiration is partly based on Samsung's own Sheep campaign and partly a homage to the "Ask Dr. So-and-so" segments that appear during a show in which somebody writes in with a question. Here we have "Steve" asking about whether or not Androids dream of electric sheep. [See Wikipedia for more info and find out how the question, Blade Runner and the Google Nexus all have in something in common.. its true! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_Androids_Dream_of_Electric_Sheep%3F ].

Comic%20Frame%201.jpg

Comic%20Frame%202.jpg

Comic%20Frame%203.jpg

Anyways, dang we want to win. Hope everyone likes our entries. :D

Additionally just for everybody's amusement...
Something we did last year when Honeycomb came out. It has a few artifacts but it still came out okay.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnZgfKIUvg8[/YT]

Last edited:

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

Too much talent for my blood. I'll take it as an opportunity to drop this here:

3XtHD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics